Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Team Still Deciding On Wheezy Successor

Phoronix: Debian Team Still Deciding On Wheezy Successor

Debian developers are still deciding on the name for the successor to "Wheezy + 1", but should be announcing a name within the next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beer

Please, no beer!

Stick to Unix and FOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Please, no beer!

Stick to Unix and FOSS.
      I don't even drink alcohol and still like seeing Michael's enthusiasm about beer.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I don't even drink alcohol and still like seeing Michael's enthusiasm about beer.
        Then Michael should get beeronix.com, and write about beer, then you can go read there and read his personal opinions of his subjective taste of beer.
        Then maybe he can focus Phoronix on Unix and FOSS.

Comment

Hey at least he added it to the end of the article when there was nothing left to say about Debian. As stated before - this is a personal website, he's allowed to do what he wants. While I personally don't have any problem with his interest in beer, I guess it's really up to him if he doesn't care that others dislike it.

Comment

It is SID

It is SID (current unstable version). It is already defined. Why is there confusion for successor.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
              It is SID (current unstable version). It is already defined. Why is there confusion for successor.
              I don't think you understand what actually is sid.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
                Sid will always stay Unstable, it will never become Testing or Stable: http://www.debian.org/releases/sid/

Comment

We will just have to wait and see, but here's what I'd love to see next!

... but I'd like to see the next release named either Rocky, after the toy which was even stronger than Buzz Lightyear, Rex, after the T-Rex toy, or Zurg, the arch enemy of Buzz Lightyear. There are plenty of other names still available as well (except for Sid). That name is ALWAYS reserved for the "unstable" archive branch, which actually makes a pretty good rolling release. The software is good; you just have to be careful about occasional package breakage in Sid, for Sid, the boy, truly was the "unstable one", and the software packaging can, at times, be equally volatile.

Comment

Originally posted by masinick View Post
                    Rex, after the T-Rex toy,
                    Rex was Debian 1.2.
                    Anyways, there are some much funnier names, I would like to see Debian Buttercup or Debian Pricklepants.

Comment

Working...
                    X