No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Still Aims For Wayland System Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Hoping with the implementation of Wayland. Optimus can be implemented easily for us users.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
      Linux graphics are already superior compared to those in Windows/Mac IMHO.
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Here's how their seamless boot works in 12.04.

After bios, black screen for 5s.
        Plymouth splash shows itself for 0.7s.
        LightDM login screen.

I'm no UI designer, but something about that black/plymouth time ratio seems off
        Isn't that an issue with the nvidia binary blob?

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
          I doubt that, given I use the open Radeon driver

Sure it may be a different bug with the same symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            I doubt that, given I use the open Radeon driver

Sure it may be a different bug with the same symptoms.
            Seems like several bugs can cause this (try searching Launchpad), including bugs in de video BIOS and in the display firmware.

Comment

Seems like several bugs can cause this (try searching Launchpad), including bugs in de video BIOS and in the display firmware.
              What's weird is that it wasn't nearly as noticeable in 11.04.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                STFU bitch. Fuck off.
                Someone pee in your cheerios? Your behavior is uncalled for, and is definitly unwanted. You should take your own advice, and not click that "Submit Reply" button until you have pulled your head out of your ass first.

Comment

Originally posted by sandain View Post
                  Someone pee in your cheerios? Your behavior is uncalled for, and is definitly unwanted. You should take your own advice, and not click that "Submit Reply" button until you have pulled your head out of your ass first.
                  Don't be alarmed. Every one of his posts are like that. He just does a cut and paste.

Comment

Back on topic...

I think Wayland cannot come early enough, but at the same time, nothing is ready. Canonical doesn't even work on Wayland, so how can they target it at all? They're just waiting for everything to be magically handed to them based on their deadlines? LOL!

This a case of Canonical-thinks-the-Linux-world-revolves-around-them, and I'm unamused. Surely the mass exodus to Mint hasn't gone completely unnoticed... and I'd think the solution isn't to BREAK EVERYTHING, but start giving your userbase what they want.

The last 8 years has seen alot of "Okay, we've got a successful project. Now lets ignore our userbase and go off and do our own thing, regardless of community feedback." AmaroK, Gnome, KDE, Ubuntu.... the tablets all these distros think they MUST support but don't actually run on? The new audio backends that woo developers over somehow but don't actually support anything? The trashing of existing features that users love? Well, why not take the next step and throw EVERYTHING THAT WORKS into the garbage before its all ready. Sounds exactly like what Canonical would do next, based on their track record...

Comment

I have that issue using intel. Its only an issue in ubuntu too, fedora's boot looks great the whole way through.

Comment

Working...
                      X