Ubuntu Developers Discuss Using Mono AOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droste View Post
    I don't even have mono installed on my machine... it was totally necessary to call me names. I'm out.

Sorry , a mistake. I was talking about directhex/JoShields.

Comment

Originally posted by lapis View Post
      Microsoft loves .NET .They used java but they do not like java . They were sued when "cloned" java and this was a correct action .
      They only created .NET after they lost the java lawsuit.

Anyway, c# is not a java clone anymore - it's more like the bastard child of Java and C++, with a little bit of Lisp thrown in for good measure.

It didn't only cut out some of the bad parts of Java, it also added some very nice things that java doesn't allow you to do, by design.

Software development is lot more than "evangelize" everyone about how c# is superior to java.(A complete FUD)
      Anyone who has actually programmed in both will tell you that's not FUD at all, but the truth. Python doesn't really compare to java or c# in my opinion, although it can be used for many of the same purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
        That's Perl. Or even shell scripting. Python is a modern interloper.
        This. While I also oppose Mono, I don't want Python either. Even Perl is not ubiquitous, it's bourne shell that you can only trust on.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          This. While I also oppose Mono, I don't want Python either. Even Perl is not ubiquitous, it's bourne shell that you can only trust on.
          Well, I dunno, Bash is slow and full of non-standard extensions. Really, folks should be using posix Sh only, or any 100% compatible like Dash.

Comment

Bourne shell != Bourne Again Shell

Comment

Working...
            X