Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 12.10 To Further Binary Blob Handling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    VirtualBox guest additions

    I think it is a great idea to add VirtualBox guest additions to Jockey.
    It would make it easier on novices.

    However, I think we need to move away from proprietary drivers.
    We need to continue pushing and moving toward blob-free.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I think it is a great idea to add VirtualBox guest additions to Jockey.
      It would make it easier on novices.

      However, I think we need to move away from proprietary drivers.
      We need to continue pushing and moving toward blob-free.
      That's an excellent idea. I haven't really used jockey in several years but I'm surprised something like that hasn't been done sooner.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Absolutely not. It does not matter if you need 100-150 mb more or not. thats a piece of cake today. Also inactive drivers only need space, they are NOT loaded.
        For you.. And many-many people here. But there's people that don't have that kind of luxury, you know? For that size, I have to wait for 1 hour to download it.

        Comment


        • #14
          Why do you need to install VirtualBox guest additions?
          Why doesn't it "just work" out-of-the-box?

          Comment


          • #15
            Modems are still used for faxing (yeah apparently that is still being used to) and some phone handling.

            Canonical needs to fit Ubuntu on to a single cd for several reasons, so 150MB is a huge 20% of the total budget.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by t.s. View Post
              For you.. And many-many people here. But there's people that don't have that kind of luxury, you know? For that size, I have to wait for 1 hour to download it.
              For me 100mb is about a minutte of download. Might to a good time to consider upgrading your internett connection.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by del_diablo View Post
                For me 100mb is about a minutte of download. Might to a good time to consider upgrading your internett connection.
                Not all parts of the world have connections that gets even close to that and as a citizen of those parts you wouldn't have a chance to upgrade.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Sucks to be you then.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X