Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttleworth Talks About Ubuntu 12.10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shuttleworth Talks About Ubuntu 12.10

    Phoronix: Shuttleworth Talks About Ubuntu 12.10

    Mark Shuttleworth just finished his keynote that kicks off the Ubuntu 12.10 Developers Summit. Here's a few things he said...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5ODA

  • #2
    Looks like there will be a live stream:

    http://video.ubuntu.com/live/

    Comment


    • #3
      My desires:

      - I want Ubuntu everywhere: My TV, my Smartphone and my Tablet
      - I want Ubuntu to continue investing resources in Ubuntu Server
      - I want Game Publishers to believe in Ubuntu so they can invest on it and release professional games (Valve, EA, etc)
      - I want NVIDIA/AMD to get serious on it if above point becomes true
      - I want Wine to become more and more better so it can replace Internet Explorer 6 and some other software that forces plenty of companies not migrating to Linux due to their intranet legacy softwares.


      That's it. I don't want anything more. At least for the moment.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Looks like there will be a live stream:

        http://video.ubuntu.com/live/
        Thanks for the link! It's way past 20:55 now, however, and there is still no live stream.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
          Thanks for the link! It's way past 20:55 now, however, and there is still no live stream.
          No idea why, sorry.

          This is an officially advertised stream at
          http://uds.ubuntu.com/community/.
          See "Remote participation".

          Comment


          • #6
            It's working now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by entropy View Post
              It's working now.
              Didn't work on my end. I am on a Fedora 16 via a live USB. Maybe I should boot into Mint next time as that one comes with Flash! SIlly me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Buzzword

                Hyperscale computing is the latest buzzword?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
                  Didn't work on my end. I am on a Fedora 16 via a live USB. Maybe I should boot into Mint next time as that one comes with Flash! SIlly me.
                  This http://video.ubuntu.com:8080/stream.flv runs quite well with VLC here.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X