No announcement yet.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't care about Kebabbert, because it's a known troll from osnews.com. He can't stand slowlaris is nearly dead. Even Oracle starts focusing on Linux on sparcs, so obsolete slowlaris will simply go away.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Don't care about Kebabbert, because it's a known troll from osnews.com. He can't stand slowlaris is nearly dead.
      First of all, Solaris is faster than Linux on big work loads, I have showed you benchmarks which proves this. For instance SAP. Linux used faster cores, and faster RAM, and still was slower. That is due to bad scaling from Linux, as we know.

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Even Oracle starts focusing on Linux on sparcs, so obsolete slowlaris will simply go away.
      Larry has publicly said that Solaris is better than Linux. So, no, Solaris will not be killed off. Some customers prefer Linux, because of politics.
      http://www.serverwatch.com/news/arti...-at-Oracle.htm

"I love Linux. We're big supporters of Linux, [but] Solaris is an older and more capable operating system," Ellison said.

While he expects to see Solaris primarily at the high end, it will go all the way down to the desktop for development. Nevertheless, he stressed that the high end is the home for Solaris, which could be a cloud of x86 or SUN SPARC machines.

"We think it will be a long time before Linux ever catches up," Ellison said."

And, as I have proved, Linux cheats and does not obey standards, just to win some benchmarks. This makes Linux buggy and does not protect your file data, as I have shown links from researchers about Linux filesystems might corrupt your data. ZFS protects your data.

The Linux design choices makes it difficult for Linux to protect file data, just read the link I posted and you will see. That is one of the problems why Linux people are desperate after Solaris tech, such as DTrace and ZFS.

Comment

Solaris is the no 1 server os in 2010, on this list:
        http://www.serverwatch.com/article.php/3917081

It seems to me that Oracle is prioritizing Solaris above Linux here. Larry says Solaris is the best Unix, and they are working on making Linux better.

"...Oracle is planning to take over the world. Or, at the very least, the server OS world. That's the logical conclusion to reach after hearing the recent comments of Larry Ellison, Oracle's bombastic CEO. "Solaris is clearly the No. 1 Unix, and we're working very hard at making Oracle Enterprise Linux the number one Linux,..."
        http://www.serverwatch.com/trends/ar...Domination.htm

Comment

"Bombastic CEO"...

lolz.

Comment

I wonder why Phoronix' spam protection hasn't kicked up until now.. (Cause we all know the RHEL benchmarks have every to do with Solaris, right?)
            DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB + 2x3TB, GTX780, F21/x86_64, Dell U2711.
            SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F21/x86_64, Dell U2412..
            BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F21/x86-64.
            LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F21/x86_64.

Comment

Working...
            X