No announcement yet.

Fedora 14 Beta Is Now Available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, thanks, so it's faster than Qemu's drawing to a native window. Makes sense.

On the other hand, would a native window with proper accel not be better than a network protocol on localhost? I wonder why nobody's done that yet in Qemu.

Comment

use gdc instead

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Thanks, but I still got same error:
      ldc test.d
      object.d: Error: module object cannot read file 'object.d'
      import path[0] = /usr/include/d/
      import path[1] = /usr/include/d/tango
      import path[2] = /usr/include/d/tango/core/vendor

File "test.d" is in home dir, compiling with "ldc test.d".
      Does it work for you?
      Strange. If I use "gdc" (gcc front-end) it works fine, e.g:
      $ gdc test.d -o test
      but I can not get "ldc" to work.

Is currently on ubuntu 10.04. gdc 4.3.4 and ldc 0.9.1.

Comment

hmm.. I got Fedora 14 beta x64 and when I search for "gdc" it tells me it found "ldc", so back to same story that it can't compile a hello world app.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Ah, thanks, so it's faster than Qemu's drawing to a native window. Makes sense.

On the other hand, would a native window with proper accel not be better than a network protocol on localhost? I wonder why nobody's done that yet in Qemu.
          qemu has SDL mode, which isn't network based. (Such as VNC).
          However, on any modern machine that performance difference (between SDL mode and VNC mode) is barely noticeable, and doesn't worth the missing functionality [read: network transparency]).
          ... Though, I assume that once RedHat/SPICE will start working on 3D acceleration, they may revisit the local system only approach. (Though, at least according to the mailing list, the are looking at ways at getting network-able 3D)

- Gilboa
          DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB + 2x3TB, GTX780, F21/x86_64, Dell U2711.
          SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F21/x86_64, Dell U2412..
          BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F21/x86-64.
          LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F21/x86_64.

Comment

hmm.. I got Fedora 14 beta x64 and when I search for "gdc" it tells me it found "ldc", so back to same story that it can't compile a hello world app.
            Did you file a bug?

Comment

You might want to read

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=252242

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                Thanks, that's actually my thread, I decided to ask on the F14 forum _first_ before trying to file a bug, and as I found out:
                1) I needed to also install tango-devel
                2) There's no support for D2, only for D1.

All work on D (as I read from the book on D2) is going into D2, while D(1) is in maintenance mode. So to me I'd rather spend my time on D2 only when available.

Comment

Working...
                X