Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 13 Btrfs Rollback Support Moves Along

Phoronix: Fedora 13 Btrfs Rollback Support Moves Along

Back in November one of the features that was talked about as a possibility for Fedora 13 was Btrfs system rollback support. One of the advantages of the Btrfs file-system compared to most other Linux file-systems is support for snapshots...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

thank you phoronix

also, aren't they planning grub2 for fedora 13? it's at 0% right now.

Comment

@Michael: If you want to take screenshots of Anaconda installer, just run Fedora in a VM.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyway. This is great news. btrfs is going to be the killer feature for F13.

F12 were clearly virtualization themed version, which probably is ending up being RHEL 6.

F13 looks like a "clean up" version of Fedora, where they the things they didn't had time for in F12.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        F13 looks like a "clean up" version of Fedora, where they the things they didn't had time for in F12.
        I've always found that the odd releases are like that. Major insanity happens in the even releases, and then the odd releases are actually usable.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          I've always found that the odd releases are like that. Major insanity happens in the even releases, and then the odd releases are actually usable.
          Maybe your are right, that there is a pattern.

If I remember right, then F9 had a ton of new features, and F10 had more or less nothing.

I can't recall what F11 had a new features, but I do remember it got emacs with anti aliased fonts.

Can't remember if F12 had anything major.

There are of course always the work that goes into the open source 3D drivers, which is MAJOR for each release, but for the planned improvements Red Hat lay out, I think you are right there is a pattern.

So what can Red Hat have in hold for us for F14 of major new features they want to develop?

Comment

Originally posted by portets43 View Post
            thank you phoronix

also, aren't they planning grub2 for fedora 13? it's at 0% right now.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2

Unlikely to happen for this release. GRUB2 snapshot is available in the repo already however. Just not the default.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              Maybe your are right, that there is a pattern.

If I remember right, then F9 had a ton of new features, and F10 had more or less nothing.

I can't recall what F11 had a new features, but I do remember it got emacs with anti aliased fonts.

Can't remember if F12 had anything major.

There are of course always the work that goes into the open source 3D drivers, which is MAJOR for each release, but for the planned improvements Red Hat lay out, I think you are right there is a pattern.

So what can Red Hat have in hold for us for F14 of major new features they want to develop?
              There is no such intentional pattern. Features is Fedora can be proposed and delivered by anyone interested and typically we don't plan for more than one release ahead.

Comment

lol, OT, but seeing Rahul's full name used as a nick made me think for a second "Spambot".

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                  There is no such intentional pattern. Features is Fedora can be proposed and delivered by anyone interested and typically we don't plan for more than one release ahead.
                  Ohh yeah. I remember seeing a wiki page on how to submit new features.

Thanks for clearing that out.

It is however very interesting what F14 will get

Comment

Hey, dont forget about Color Management!

That's a pretty big deal, and is new. It also might be quite a comprehensive change if this gets pushed. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome.../msg00005.html

Comment

Working...
                    X