Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fragadelic View Post
    You are still missing the point.
    So you are a last word, I have to defend my ego type of person. Interesting I pegged you as this from your first post. You're not getting the point, or I guess reading for that matter much like you haven't done from the beginning. The information was there on the front page. From the Beginning. I can post dates if you'd like.

Like I said, this all could have been avoided in the first place had the information been easily available.

It wasn't so I posted what I found - end of story.

Laying blame about this kind of stuff on end-users is very damaging. Like I also said earlier, it isn't up to the users to inform, it is up to the distro.
    Well I'm not blaming end users I'm blaming you and others who don't even use PCLinuxOS and aren't even involved in the community and feel that they have a right to tell others what's going on.

I believe they have learned from it and will make a real effort to post information that will be easily found in the future. All distros learn from their mistakes or disappear. That is a simple fact.
    What they have learned is that people such as yourself very easily skew any truth that gets posted. No matter what information they give out it's obviously that people are more worried about there ego getting hurt then actually telling the truth.

If I'm not mistaken, the PCLinuxOS folks/devs or whomever engaged in a flamewar with a guy who actually wrote a glowing review for PCLinuxOS but was a bit upset that he was getting a pile of emails about his article as PCLinuxOS was down. I'm pretty sure getting flamed on the forum for a good review that turned bad because the distro went offline was not a good idea.
    At least this time you gave margin for error by saying "If I'm not mistaken", Well once again you are mistaken. There was no Flame war from any of the developers in the community if fact the developers posted what they responded to Doc John and it was quite civil and nice. Doc's replies weren't and just like others skewed what they had actually written. I encourage those who are actually reading this thread (and who cares) to read the PCLinuxOS Temp forums after reading all of Docs articles. Granted there are some users who are quite negative and defensive towards Doc John, but none of those are developers. In reading it and comparing it to the article you can see where the confusion lied and then were the truth was skewed in a knowingly way on the behalf of Doc.

I know how passionate folks get about Linux and their favourite distro. Been around a long time and have seen many come and go over the years.

Again, it isn't the job of the endusers to have to dig deep to find information about it.
    No it's the job of the common man to believe everything they read and see on TV. People out there must think I really worked with the Pope in that case because I wrote it in a previous post. Mis-information is every where in society and no one takes credit for it or is held accountable for it, a prime example is you can't even take responsibility for your own mis-information. It has to be someone else's fault doesn't it. A perfect person like you couldn't be wrong.

The information I posted turned out to be wrong - big deal. 1 post isn't going to cause the ACTUAL demise of anything. Had the correct official info been easily available, I would have gladly posted that but as everyone knows, if that were the case, this thread would never have existed.
    It was available, but no matter what information was put out people would still speculate. You can have all the rumor controls in place and because of the freedom of the internet and with some countries the freedom of speech, people will lie or assume things. Then you have a group of people who instead of seeking the truth or believing the original statement take peoples twisted view of something and run with it. That is what has happened. Have fun replying as I won't be visiting this thread again. It's really not an ego thing for me I really just wanted people to get the right information. For those people who actually believe everything they read. There needed to be a truthful rebuttal. Thanks for the fun maybe I'll see you around.
    Last edited by jmiahman; 04-17-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Dudes... it's a distro. Which may or may not have temporarily died.

Remind me how this brings anyone to character assassination?

Comment

Originally posted by Synergy6 View Post

That's exactly the point it didn't die and that is what is needed to be known. For people who know how much character matters what people type and the truths that they are expressed define who they are on the internet. It may not matter to you but it matters to me and others. For some it's not just a distribution it's a community of people who matter. If you get involved in that community or if you are already you'll know that.
        Last edited by jmiahman; 04-17-2007, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I think you somewhat missed my point.

Whether the distro "died" or not is irrelevant. Y'all don't have to start ripping apart each others' characters over it. Keep things in perspective.

Comment

Exactly!

I guess I might as well take full responsibility for everything bad that has happened to PCLinuxOS. I must have told their host to drop them and I must have somehow made ibiblio servers crash and I must have also prevented them from providing the information right when it happened.

There you have it - it appears as though I am completely to blame for it all!

Comment

I think you somewhat missed my point.

Whether the distro "died" or not is irrelevant. Y'all don't have to start ripping apart each others' characters over it. Keep things in perspective.
              Peoples perspective obviously vary and always will. For me this maybe important. I'm a type of person who defines someone by what they say. Whereas I wasn't blaming the incorrect poster for all of the problems although he may have contributed as others replied to him and believed his information. Who knows who that poster really was and who else they told the incorrect information to. I was just saying because of people giving incorrect information, and not actually believing the truth that was posted, the wrong information got spread. This was an obvious example. You even not knowing through the whole conversation that the distribution is still alive, is an example. There's obviously doubt now where there should have never been. I care about the community of PCLinuxOS and the people who have worked so hard on the project. It's a thankless job and the poster being a developer as he called himself should know that. I understand how for you it may be easy to come in and say "keep things in perspective" but you do not know what perspective I am coming from. As you don't know who I am and what I represent. If this isn't your perspective you do not have to post about it because obviously it doesn't matter to you as it does for me. Regardless of any perspective people need to be held accountable for the information they give, otherwise there's no validity in talking at all.
              Last edited by jmiahman; 04-17-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Synergy is correct.

This is a chat forum and not an official news site.

This is for sharing opinions and experiences. It would seem you think otherwise.

Contrary to your beliefs about these types of forums, I am free to post what I want to. In this case it was proven to be incorrect. Thats the whole point of these discussion forums isn't it?

Comment

Synergy is correct. Thats the whole point of these discussion forums isn't it?
                  Yes it is, and I have the right to post the correct information also, Which I did. So thank you for facilitating that. It's a shame you have to have someone help you fight your own arguments. It's a shame they didn't help you much. Have a nice life.
                  Last edited by jmiahman; 04-17-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I never once personally took any stabs at you or anyone specific yet you felt you had to "assasinate my character" as Synergy6 put it and I still feel no need to demean you in any way.

Lighten up and enjoy the rest of the day.

Comment

I never once personally took any stabs at you or anyone specific yet you felt you had to "assasinate my character" as Synergy6 put it and I still feel no need to demean you in any way.

Lighten up and enjoy the rest of the day.
                      You can not assassinate that which was already dead.

Comment

Keep at it. Its showing more of your character than mine.

Comment

Yes, jmiahman, I kindly ask that you stop any sort of personal attacks against Fragadelic or anyone else. You can discuss PC Linux OS all you want, but just try to refrain from personal attacks.
                          Michael Larabel
                          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

All is bright and made of cotton candy again in Phoronix Land

Comment

It's now back up @ http://www.pclinuxos.com/
                              Michael Larabel
                              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thats good to hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X