No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running awesome on my system76 darter1. Has an older intel graphics chip in it but the new driver is nice. Very smooth animations in compiz and video looks great. I guess it has KMS as well, startup process is pretty awesome. Suspend is super fast now coming and going. My favorite thing to play with is gnome-shell. I think gnome3 will be a big hit if they can keep polishing gnome-shell at the rate they have been.

Comment

FWIW:

9.10 Netbook Remix Beta on a Dell Mini 10v:

Broadcom draft-N (BCM4233 if memory serves) chipset works! Sort of!
      Can't see my access point, but if I add manually it it connects. Reboot and network manager loses it's settings.

Bluetooth:

All hail 9.10! Bluetooth mouse works! Bluetooth PANU works!
      If you have a phone that supports BT PAN and it's a NAP (Network Access Point) you can use it as a wireless internet router.

It even integrates into network manager properly! Hurray!

Jim.

Comment

Upgraded from (Kubuntu) Jaunty a little while ago, and everything works flawlessly, except for the fact that I have no desktop or panel. (They crash on login.) Had to repair /etc/resolv.conf, because knetworkmanager is pure shit, but once that was out of the way, it was business as usual. Boots noticeably faster than Jaunty, too.

Comment

Works fine but my touch pad is acting up.

Comment

Working...
          X