Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Beta Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Beta Released

Ubuntu 9.10 (the "Karmic Koala") will be officially released later this month along with the other distributions in the Ubuntu family, but coming out of the Canonical camp yesterday was the beta releases for these Ubuntu-based Linux operating systems. There's not a whole lot to say at this point if you have been keeping up with all of our Ubuntu coverage over the past few months, but if you haven't, click here. The Ubuntu 9.10 beta release announcement can be read on the mailing list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

umm how about a link to the software download page when new software is released. just a suggestion.

Comment

I did not test this beta, but all dailys so far had got Xorg problems. With intel onboard Q45 64 bit (32 was interestingly not affected) or nv oss driver (32+64 bit) top showed 100% systemload for Xorg on quad core intel cpus. nv binary did not show this effect.

Comment

Runs exceptionally well on my Eee 1000H tbh.

Comment

Runs great with my AMD Radeon HD 4850 with the opensource and proprietary stack.

Comment

cant wait for final version

Comment

runs great here, per usual.

Comment

Did somebody check:

ps aux|grep /bin/X

in live/hd install with intel/nv oss driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Did somebody check:

ps aux|grep /bin/X

in live/hd install with intel/nv oss driver?
                  With Kubuntu 9.10 beta up to date, after ~4 hours uptime.

~ $ ps aux|grep /bin/X
                  root 965 3.4 9.8 242000 150404 tty7 Ss+ 19:40 7:22 /usr/bin/X -br -nolisten tcp :0 vt7 -auth /var/run/xauth/A:0-SR8bz7
                  kdesk 2255 0.0 0.0 7336 876 pts/1 R+ 23:14 0:00 grep --color=auto /bin/X

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Runs great with my AMD Radeon HD 4850 with the opensource and proprietary stack.
                    What about Compiz and Video playback .. any tearing or slow framerate on videos ??

Comment

Working...
                    X