Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 11 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by susikala View Post
    Probably a graphics card issue.
    More likely it's a combo issue. I've seen the same slow scrolling on my previous ATI card, and on a friend's Intel IGP.

    Combo one-two-punch... Knock-out! Great fighting, you're an up-and-coming scrolling bug!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by fart_flower View Post
      Ha ha ha! I love Linux people. Always the same:

      Newbee: "I'm having an issue with so-and-so, any help?"

      Crustee: "Works fine here."

      Newbee: "Um, that's great, but it doesn't work here. Any help?"

      Crustee: "You don't know what you're talking about. It works fine here."

      Newbee: "Gosh, thanks..." (Goes back to WinXP.)


      In contrast, the LKML is all about: "We've gotta problem." "We have a regression." "This code sucks." "Must fix this buggy crap." Etc.

      At least the people behind the wheel are paying some attention. Nyuk, nyuk...
      What do you expect? You should be thankful, because some people replied you. This thread is not about solving your problems. I love Windows people:

      scream and demand that some users not affected by their problems will help them. Go to mozilla or nvidia forum and write about this issue or even post bug report. You sound like one troll from the other thread now.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        You sound like one troll from the other thread now.
        Hahaha I wonder which thread

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          Hahaha I wonder which thread
          You should know

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by kraftman View Post
            What do you expect? You should be thankful, because some people replied you. This thread is not about solving your problems.
            True enough, but I never asked for help in this thread -- I merely pointed out my Fedora 11 experiences thus far. (The topic is, after all, Fedora 11.) Some people were kind enough to volunteer some thoughts on my issues, but I never actually asked for them. I do that on the Fedora Forum, where it belongs:
            http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=223400

            Anyway, whatever. It's nice and sunny outside -- I'm going to work on my melanoma.

            Yours sincerely,
            Farty McTroll.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              I'm trying out the KDE LiveCD on my laptop. Every time I enable Kwin effects with Opengl, the desktop freaks out and once it settles I can only see window outlines and shadows (the window content itself appears garbled or is just missing). The laptop has a 200M, so the driver should be providing proper 3D. Kubuntu Jaunty works, for example, and I think both Jaunty and F11 use the same driver version. Xrender works, but who wants to use that . Additionally, Kwin with effects appears uberslugish; Jaunty is snappy even from the LiveCD.
              Yeah, that's a bug with the new kms/dri2 code (F11 uses bleeding edge stuff in contrast to Jaunty) in connection to kwin. It's already reported here. The second comment there is from me...
              According to #radeon this should be fixed in X Server git, but the last time I tried it wasn't. Maybe you can try running a more recent X Server and report the results to that bug as well? I guess it would help to bring it to the devs attention.
              I'll also give the KDE liveCD a try tommorow, but I guess now I already know what to expect.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by fart_flower View Post
                True enough, but I never asked for help in this thread -- I merely pointed out my Fedora 11 experiences thus far. (The topic is, after all, Fedora 11.) Some people were kind enough to volunteer some thoughts on my issues, but I never actually asked for them. I do that on the Fedora Forum, where it belongs:
                http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=223400

                Anyway, whatever. It's nice and sunny outside -- I'm going to work on my melanoma.

                Yours sincerely,
                Farty McTroll.
                I wonder if those people can help you. Linux Firefox uses slow garbage called xul. However, there are some threads on unofficial nvidia forum which may be helpful (ya' know, those ugly hacks which only Linux geeks use ). Fedora people can't do anything with nvidia binary blobs and they rather won't rewrite Firefox using something better then xul.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                  Yeah, that's a bug with the new kms/dri2 code (F11 uses bleeding edge stuff in contrast to Jaunty) in connection to kwin. It's already reported here. The second comment there is from me...
                  According to #radeon this should be fixed in X Server git, but the last time I tried it wasn't. Maybe you can try running a more recent X Server and report the results to that bug as well? I guess it would help to bring it to the devs attention.
                  I'll also give the KDE liveCD a try tommorow, but I guess now I already know what to expect.
                  Latest MESA (7.6) fixed this one for me. KWin composite works just fine now. Also some OGL apps like Glaxium, GL-117 stopped complaining about falling to SW rendering and runs with usable fps.
                  The performance with KMS is still far cry from the Fedora9 (MESA 7.1 and xorg-x11-drv-ati 6.8 IIRC) and F10 w/o KMS but better with F10/KMS.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X