Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 11 Alpha Comes With Huge Feature Set

Phoronix: Fedora 11 Released With Huge Feature Set

While a few delays were experienced by the Red Hat engineers and community working on Fedora 11 (a.k.a. Leonidas), the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzA0Mg

'the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available'
    !=
    'Fedora 11 Released'

Delete this comment when fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
      'the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available'
      !=
      'Fedora 11 Released'

Delete this comment when fixed.
      Whoops, title fixed. Sorry about that, exhausted from all the traveling this week.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Can't remember where, but I read that EXT4 doesn't have defragmentation support right now. A shame, as that would really be the killer feature for a Linux FS.

Let's hope that BTRfs makes it into Anaconda

Comment

Some of the desktop features in Fedora 11 include a new GNOME volume control interface
          A new volume control interface?! You call that an exciting new feature? You've got to be kidding me...

Comment

Maybe it's the pre-installed MinGW instead.

But on a more serious note, congrats to them. I hope they also fixed up some of that SELinux stuff - I managed to bork my f10 after half an hour of use and now I cannot have it check for updates at all.

Comment

Good thing there's Fedora. People who do pre-alpha testing so that the rest of us who use useful distros get less bugs later

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                Maybe it's the pre-installed MinGW instead.

But on a more serious note, congrats to them. I hope they also fixed up some of that SELinux stuff - I managed to bork my f10 after half an hour of use and now I cannot have it check for updates at all.
                I had the same issue as well- where it try to use the update app, and would fail with a message about .org.dbus (or something similar) not having permissions.

I ended up using yum to update the packages (whatever ones were mentioned in the error message, plus selinux policies, hal, and yum updates). I can't remember exactly which package did it, but after installing the right upgrade, the updater app started working again.
                Hope that helps!

Comment

It was a dbus issue, not SElinux, and yes, you need to issue a manual "yum update" in order to revert dbus back to a working version...

Comment

Ah, thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X