Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling Blu-Ray Playback Support On Fedora Linux

Phoronix: Enabling Blu-Ray Playback Support On Fedora Linux

Enabling Blu-Ray video playback support under Linux can be a bit cumbersome, but with the right package repositories can be made a whole lot easier...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so nothing you can use in rawhide...

Comment

So nothing you can use at all. The keys as well as the dumps are technically illegal. Same with DVD decryption. In other words, there's no way to legally watch a DVD or a Blu-ray on Linux when using open-source software.

Comment

Different countries have different laws. Its up to the end user to decide whether or not they want to take the risk
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

The laws can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I'm the maintainer of the MakeMKV package on Gentoo and I can tell you that it works well there. I prefer to play straight from the disc with VLC rather than waiting for it to dump and these environment variables allow you to do that.
          Code:
          LIBAACS_PATH=libmmbd
          LIBBDPLUS_PATH=libmmbd
          I once quickly tried streaming a DVD from MakeMKV to my Utilite running XBMC under Gentoo and it worked well. I'd like to do much more with that but I'm still waiting for the open Utilite drivers to mature as the closed ones are too flakey.

Comment

I've used MakeMKV on Elementary OS to rip my Blu Rays, and I got 8 of 9 disks I tried to work before I ran out of disk space. I plan to buy additional drives next year.

Comment

Working...
            X