X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Nightlies Are Now Built with GTK+3, Coming For Firefox 42

Phoronix: Firefox Nightlies Are Now Built with GTK+3, Coming For Firefox 42

As of

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Firefox on Fedora 22 has --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk3 by default as reported on this very website. Look it up on about:buildconfig on the address bar. It is good that upstream has it enabled on nightly release

Comment

and I'm desperately trying to get rid of GTK3... I want Firefox in Qt ;/

Comment

Originally posted by larkey View Post
        Ditto. I dread the day I start seeing GTK+ 3.x Open/Save dialogs in my Firefox.

/me wonders if that LD_PRELOAD hook to patch in KDE Open/Save dialogs has been updated for GTK+ 3.x.

Comment

Originally posted by larkey View Post
          It's not like Firefox is using a lot of GTK ... mostly the context menu AFAIK, the rest is mainly in XUL.
          I, in the meantime, are looking forward to the day that all my relevant software runs on Wayland.

Comment

You can get nightly builds, compiled binaries for Linux x86 and x86-64 built with GTK3 at:
            Experience cutting-edge browser features in pre-release versions: Firefox Developer Edition, Firefox Beta and Firefox Nightly. Download now!

However, it does not work with Wayland.
            At least I couldn't get it to work.
            It says "Error: could not find display:0" or something like that.

Comment

Don't wory. By the time this change goes live Mozilla will have removed the HTML render pane from FF because it is, you know, too confusing for users. All you will have when you start up FF will be a looped video of an FF developer with arms crossed screaming "COMPLY" at you.

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
                Don't wory. By the time this change goes live Mozilla will have removed the HTML render pane from FF because it is, you know, too confusing for users. All you will have when you start up FF will be a looped video of an FF developer with arms crossed screaming "COMPLY" at you.

Comment

Hmm, this explains the strange save dialog and the smaller fonts on Awesome bar....

Comment

Just updated my Nightly, tooltips and menus look a lot more seamless in my GNOME now.
                    Wayland however, seems to be off at least by default.

Comment

Working...
                    X