Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free COMPILERS and CROSS-COMPILERS for Linux and Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is called different for other platforms, no idea. I only use that way to find packages.

Comment

What I really needed to know, was this:

--with-ecj-jar=filename

This option can be used to specify the location of an external jar file containing the Eclipse Java compiler. A specially modified version of this compiler is used by gcj to parse .java source files. If this option is given, the `libjava' build will create and install an ecj1 executable which uses this jar file at runtime.

If this option is not given, but an ecj.jar file is found in the topmost source tree at configure time, then the `libgcj' build will create and install ecj1, and will also install the discovered ecj.jar into a suitable place in the install tree.

If ecj1 is not installed, then the user will have to supply one on his path in order for gcj to properly parse .java source files. A suitable jar is available from ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/.

Comment

Anyone know how to get the multilib libraries to install in

/usr/local/lib32 and /usr/local/lib

rather than

/usr/local/lib32 and /usr/local/lib64

(on an amd64 box)

Comment

I have tracked the settings down to this file:

gcc-4.3.0/gcc/config/i386/t-linux64

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
            I have tracked the settings down to this file:

gcc-4.3.0/gcc/config/i386/t-linux64
            You need to change the line (in the file gcc-4.3.0/gcc/config/i386/t-linux64):

MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES = ../lib64 $(if $(wildcard $(shell echo $(SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR))/../../usr/lib32),../lib32,../lib)

to:

MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES = ../lib $(if $(wildcard $(shell echo $(SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR))/../../usr/lib32),../lib32,../lib)

or (making things more explicit):

MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES = ../lib ../lib32

Probably, this will work as well:

MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES = . ../lib32

Comment

note that the:

Code:
              ./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu \ 
                          --host=x86_64-linux-gnu \ 
                          --target=-x86_64-mingw32
              in the main article, should have been:

Code:
              ./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu \ 
                          --host=x86_64-linux-gnu \ 
                          --target=i686-pc-mingw32
              I've changed it.

Comment

Free Compilers and Cross-Compilers for Linux and Windows for GCC 4.3.0

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

The project above (with GCC 4.2.3) has been carried out for GCC 4.3.0 and what works and what doesn't reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                  Free Compilers and Cross-Compilers for Linux and Windows for GCC 4.3.0

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

The project above (with GCC 4.2.3) has been carried out for GCC 4.3.0 and what works and what doesn't reported.
                  Did you ever consider writing a script which does all of the steps you so neatly
                  outlined in your previous posts? Preferably with configurable CHOST and CTARGET
                  tuples and maybe let it apply custom patches from a separate directory (e.g. for fixes
                  straight from binutils/gcc bugtrackers).

As I mentioned in another post I use cross-compilers generated with Gentoo's crossdev, but those don't integrate well into other distros. I'd love to have an easy way to
                  (re)generate newer cross-toolchain versions for non-Gentoo systems (for customers
                  who don't want Gentoo)

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
                    Did you ever consider writing a script which does all of the steps you so neatly
                    outlined in your previous posts?
                    There is a script for GCC 4.3.2 which can easily be modified by those interested.

The aim is to not make it any more complicated than it already is.

Adding lots of complications in a "teaching article" is just silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X