Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading To KDE Plasma 5.3 On Kubuntu 15.04

Phoronix: Upgrading To KDE Plasma 5.3 On Kubuntu 15.04

Kubuntu 15.04 provides a great experience of the new KDE stack but the version being shipped by this KDE spin of Ubuntu is Plasma 5.2 given that it was the latest available for last week's 15.04 Vivid Vervet release. For those wishing to try out KDE Plasma 5.3, it's now easy thanks to the packages landing in Kubuntu Backports...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent news!! It is already integrated in the ISO or it is available only by PPA!?

Comment

Hi,

they never change the ISOs to include updated versions after a release. As Michael wrote, Kubuntu 15.04 will always ship 5.2 only. You have to use the PPA if you want to have 5.3.

Comment

Originally posted by jhenke View Post
        Hi,

they never change the ISOs to include updated versions after a release. As Michael wrote, Kubuntu 15.04 will always ship 5.2 only. You have to use the PPA if you want to have 5.3.
        thanks for reply

Comment

Hi,

And how easy is to revert to Plasma 5.2, in case something goes wrong with 5.2?

Comment

Originally posted by lorebett View Post
            And how easy is to revert to Plasma 5.2, in case something goes wrong with 5.2?
            Can't you ppa-purge like with most ppas?

Comment

Hi,

I thought I saw somewhere that they are also adding it to -backports as well, so if you just want to wait for it to come down the update line then just enable backports, and keep updating as usual until you get it.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

The recently used applications is back in the application launcher!

Also, the new wallpaper is definitely an improvement.

Comment

How to get high resolution wallpaper? I'm trying in vain.

However no xwayland treatment by update.
                  Last edited by Azrael5; 28 April 2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X