No announcement yet.

KDE Connect Gets A Bluetooth Backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth connector (at least for now) is only for Qt5 version.

By the way, Notification sync is not available on my phone (I wonder why, I'm running Android 4.2.2), so the question is then what do I need it for? File transfer is much faster via cable.

Comment

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
      By the way, Notification sync is not available on my phone (I wonder why, I'm running Android 4.2.2), so the question is then what do I need it for? File transfer is much faster via cable.
      Did you authorize KDE connect for access to notifications? You need to explicitly tell the phone to give KDE connect permission to access notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        Did you authorize KDE connect for access to notifications? You need to explicitly tell the phone to give KDE connect permission to access notifications.
        Kdeconnect on my phone reports:
        Code:
        Notification sync: This feature is not available in your Android version

By the way, I thought it might be useful for controlling SMplayer when I watch movies, but SMPlayer does not support mpris2 (I did found a patch for that, but it is old and partly working).

Comment

Kdeconnect on my phone reports:
          Code:
          Notification sync: This feature is not available in your Android version
          Oh, right, that feature was added to Android 4.3. 4.2 doesn't support watching for notifications.

Comment

Bluetooth connector (at least for now) is only for Qt5 version.
            Makes sense. Qt4 is slowly dying.

Comment

I didn't know this app before and I've installed it, so far it looks really cool!
              I love being able to use the phone as a touchpad or simply sharing webpages between the devices...

Thanks!

Comment

KDE Connect isn't available for BlackBerry.
                Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                I think he confused a "Let's make KDE Connect Qt-only, then BlackBerry and Jolla versions would be possible" plan with a working version.
                You can get the apk from f-droid and run them on the android compatibility layers of the BlackBerry or Jolla. Though not all features are supported. On both I didn't get the virtual touchpad or keyboard working.
                Controlling media players (mpris) does work however and showing the power status. Browsing files and notifications seems not to work. Though at least in BlackBerry you can activate notifications (Jollas ACL does not support it). I did not test out yet if certain notifications get through.
                What seems to work on both also is copy and paste (though on the jolla you need to copy stuff from an android application, or first from native then to android for it to be recognized by the desktop. The other way around works great.)

Comment

Originally posted by llelectronics View Post
                  You can get the apk from f-droid and run them on the android compatibility layers of the BlackBerry or Jolla. Though not all features are supported. On both I didn't get the virtual touchpad or keyboard working.
                  Controlling media players (mpris) does work however and showing the power status. Browsing files and notifications seems not to work. Though at least in BlackBerry you can activate notifications (Jollas ACL does not support it). I did not test out yet if certain notifications get through.
                  What seems to work on both also is copy and paste (though on the jolla you need to copy stuff from an android application, or first from native then to android for it to be recognized by the desktop. The other way around works great.)
                  On BlackBerry: Browsing files does work sometimes, however it's much slower and more unreliable than just using samba. Notifications of Android apps like Skype are shown on my desktop, however notifications from native apps do not go through which makes it kinda pointless. Clipboard sync does not work from the phone to the PC if you copy from a native application and the clipboard on the PCs will remain empty if you use another clipboard sharing program like Synergy (on multiple PCs). Sharing links, text and files from any app on the phone works nice, however sometimes it says that file sending failed or hangs at 100% even though the file has been transferred successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    Non-static IPs and every building is gets diff IP ranges so I'd have to enter the new IP every time I wanted to connect. And before someone says "can input hostname" that gets filtered too apparently. Its BlueTooth or nothing on my campus :/
                    Some wi-fi access points have mechanisms that prevent associated clients from talking to each other. Perhaps this explains the situation for you?

Comment

KDE blows. It should die a quick death. Sooner the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X