Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mozilla Unleashes Firefox 31 Web Browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mozilla Unleashes Firefox 31 Web Browser

    Phoronix: Mozilla Unleashes Firefox 31 Web Browser

    The Firefox 31 web-browser is out this morning with new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc0NjM

  • #2
    The developer tools are improved.
    Also now there is CSS variable support.

    Code:
    :root {
      --main-bg-color: brown;
    }
    
    .one {
      background-color: var(--main-bg-color);
      margin: 10px;
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
    }
    However the syntax is not as easy and pretty and convenient as the one in SASS and LESS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is a link to the release note for v31:
      https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        However the syntax is not as easy and pretty and convenient as the one in SASS and LESS.
        Ahh, those things that write 500 KB of unreadable CSS crap.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nothing too exciting then. I'm waiting for their GTK3 and especially MPE patches to land. Might even go back to using nightlies at that point... youtube w/ Dash and 1080p/1440 support will be nice. (I don't have any 4k displays yet)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
            Nothing too exciting then. I'm waiting for their GTK3 and especially MPE patches to land. Might even go back to using nightlies at that point... youtube w/ Dash and 1080p/1440 support will be nice. (I don't have any 4k displays yet)
            Whats mpe??



            In other news WebGL still doesn't work out of the box with radeon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              Whats mpe??
              Same here... Even DDG didn't answer.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think he/she ment MSE, which is Media Source Extensions.

                https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=881512

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks!
                  Well it's apparently already fixed. Maybe for the next release?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Creak View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Well it's apparently already fixed. Maybe for the next release?
                    There are a few crashes in the MSE code though, I guess they'll fix them before.

                    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000686

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X