No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 30 Binaries Now Available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, gstreamer-1.0 build seems to work fine here (tested on youtube) and guess what, it will use VAAPI for video decoding if the corresponding plugin is installed! I do have one really anoying issue. Restoring tabs from previous session doesn't work anymore. It only opens my home page. Not sure if my old profile is problematic or not, but I don't want to lose my preferences and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I just updated. Too bad, the official Mozilla build is still using gstreamer 0.10. The only change is potential to enable gstreamer 1.0 at build time. But one will have to build it manually (or use distro packages configured against gstreamer 1.0).

Switching to GTK 3 has one thorny issue, namely plugins which are stuck with GTK 2. Hopefully projects like Mozilla Shumway will catch up.
      Wasn't flash the main issue??

While it pains me knowing that mozilla doesn't care much about linux i understand them.

Comment

Yes, Flash is one of the main things which can't be migrated to GTK 3. So that's why Shumway can help (if it will mature enough). See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=627699

And adding Wayland to the mix, even if one will be able to run Flash alongside GTK 3 based Firefox in a separate process, it won't play well with Wayland without some ugly hacks. Flash really should die out already, but replacements should be adequate (and Shumway is not ready yet).
        Last edited by shmerl; 06-10-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Yes, Flash is one of the main things which can't be migrated to GTK 3. So that's why Shumway can help (if it will mature enough). See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=627699

And adding Wayland to the mix, even if one will be able to run Flash alongside GTK 3 based Firefox in a separate process, it won't play well with Wayland without some ugly hacks. Flash really should die out already, but replacements should be adequate (and Shumway is not ready yet).
          Most stuff i use work with html5 so i don't care about flash. However flash games and other shit will be a problem for those who like/use them. Add to that the fact that linux isn't a platform many people care about and -> we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
            Yea, I know, but pre FF29 I had search bar and address bar next to tabs (like IE), and now only search bar can go there. No big deal of course, but there is sort of bad taste about new interface.
            They removed the ability to use 2 search engines at once many versions ago. I don't know why that search bar still exists at all since the address bar performs the same thing. The best you can do is removing the search bar, not moving it somewhere else.

Comment

I'm using Fedora 20 and Web Audio that uses MP3 files have stopped working completely. I also lost the 720p option in every YouTube video that had it. Did anyone else have these issues?

Comment

Working...
              X