Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma-Next + KF5 Is Looking Nice

Phoronix: KDE Plasma-Next + KF5 Is Looking Nice

With the release yesterday of a Fedora 20 image with KF5 + Plasma-Next as the next-generation KDE stack, I decided to finally give it a whirl...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5NzA

I clicked through to this article fully expecting a thumbs up or thumbs down pretty much entirely dependent on whether Plasma Next worked well with a super high res display. I have to say I'm very surprised to see it not mentioned. Did Michael actually test it on a normal display with a popularly used resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I clicked through to this article fully expecting a thumbs up or thumbs down pretty much entirely dependent on whether Plasma Next worked well with a super high res display. I have to say I'm very surprised to see it not mentioned. Did Michael actually test it on a normal display with a popularly used resolution?
      +1

charcater limit
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

The Live CD version during boot yields a login prompt asking for login & password. WTF, just WTF.
        Empty fields don't work, random values either.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
          Yeah, I thought he might do the test on that Zenbook he keeps raving about.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            The Live CD version during boot yields a login prompt asking for login & password. WTF, just WTF.
            root
            root
            like for the admin page of wi-fi modem :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              user is "liveuser", password empty or "liveuser"
              http://www.progdan.cz/2014/05/kde-fr...a/#comment-985

Comment

Screenshot of KInfoCenter

What an absolute waste of UI space.

Comment

This article is seemingly barren of anything useful, except as a Facebook-like 'Like'....it's a very odd submission! Slow news day, mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                    Screenshot of KInfoCenter

What an absolute waste of UI space.
                    But KInfoCenter has nothing to do with KF5...

Comment

I think the real meat here is: were you expecting a KDE 4-like breakage for KDE 5? That won't happen. It's already faster than KDE 4.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                        But KInfoCenter has nothing to do with KF5...
                        The desktop locked up after in KInfoCenter before I could open anything more useful for screenshot...
                        Michael Larabel
                        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          The desktop locked up after in KInfoCenter before I could open anything more useful for screenshot...
                          I found the kubuntu ISO a lot more stable than the Fedora one.
                          Other than that, in the Neon ISO there is "vokoscreen", a program for screen recorder (probably to help in the bug report or to show the new kde) that works like a charm on my system, out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by panda84 View Post
                            user is "liveuser", password empty or "liveuser"
                            http://www.progdan.cz/2014/05/kde-fr...a/#comment-985
                            Thanks, but it still refuses to log me in, my gut tells me it doesn't yet work with the nouveau driver.

Using Gtx 560Ti

Comment

Michael, I still don't understand your obsession with using a camera to take a picture of your screen. I get it if you want to show off the hardware as well as the screen in one picture, but this one was too dark for that.
                              Seriously, normal screenshots please (so I can actually SEE the desktop)

Comment

Working...
                              X