Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromium Browser Going Through Growing Pains In Ubuntu 14.04

Phoronix: Chromium Browser Going Through Growing Pains In Ubuntu 14.04

Google's open-source Chromium browser is in a bit of a bad shape for this week's release of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY2NTg

Good thing I managed to salvage a non SSE2 PPAPI Flash . It's really old, but I hope the security measures will do their work .

Comment

Does the Aura toolkit support the GTK Header Bar as in GTK 3.10? GNOME 3.10 applications such as Music and Photos uses it.

I'm using Google Chrome. I don't care about the Chromium, but to each their own.

Comment

Unity browser

The funny (?) thing is that Canonical is introducing its own browser based on Chromium in 14.04 LTS. New buggy features, uh?

(I didn't check if the user_agent was relevant, but it seems logical they chose webkit and its most popular project)
        Last edited by vk512; 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I wonder where all the advocates of a switch to Chromium as the befault browser went?!

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
            I don't care about the Chromium
            You really should.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              You really should.
              All I use is Google Chrome. It has built-in support for Flash, as not all YouTube videos, let alone PBS.org, support the playback of HTML5 video.

Maybe one day I will if 100% of all the websites involving videos take advantage of HTML5.

Comment

Using kernel 13.14 on Mint 16 I would run into issues with Firefox freezing sometimes when I open a web page. Going back to 13.13.6 the issue was no longer there.

Comment

I don't understand why Ubuntu want to make default browser one that sends users info to google :s

Comment

Originally posted by hourwatch View Post
                    I don't understand why Ubuntu want to make default browser one that sends users info to google :s
                    Isn't Chromium just Chrome with that stuff removed?

Comment

Working...
                    X