Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Very Exciting GNOME 3.12 Has Been Released

Phoronix: The Very Exciting GNOME 3.12 Has Been Released

As expected, GNOME 3.12 was officially released this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How comes this gnome 3 excitement recently? In its early day this site was more than critical w.r.t to gnome 3.

Gnome 3 still sucks. But I guess the fact that it's the only DE that can be useful on high dpi changes the game.

Comment

I'm looking for Gnome to finally have first-class Wayland support, thus not interested in 3.12 at all, rather in 3.14.

Comment

Meanwhile in debian testing, maybe we'll see 3.10 in full before the end of the year !

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          How comes this gnome 3 excitement recently? In its early day this site was more than critical w.r.t to gnome 3.

Gnome 3 still sucks. But I guess the fact that it's the only DE that can be useful on high dpi changes the game.
          Yeah, it sucks, but others suck more. XFCE is probably the only sane one, but it seems to be dead...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              fantastic fonts rendering, which distro they used?

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                what's so special about it. looks like on mine ubuntu gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                  If you look closely there are some packages marked with f20 so... .

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
                    Meanwhile in debian testing, maybe we'll see 3.10 in full before the end of the year !
                    In Sid there are some packages from 3.12 and they coming more now (but some goes first in experimental of course)... but for testing who knows that needs to be in good shape and tested first

So you can try Debian sid+experimental right now if you want to see most parts of Gnome 3.12 .

Comment

Working...
                    X