Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu's Music App Undergoes Further Planning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ubuntu's Music App Undergoes Further Planning

    Phoronix: Ubuntu's Music App Undergoes Further Planning

    The Qt-based Music App that in development for the phone/tablet versions of Ubuntu Linux that will eventually find its way to the desktop was a discussion item this morning on the final day of the virtual 14.03 Ubuntu Developer Summit...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYyOTY

  • #2
    tablet/desktop interface
    They lost me right there. Keep your tablet interface off my desktop! (No, I don't believe that a design can work equally well for both cases unless it dramatically alters its appearance based on pixels detected, but thanks for asking...)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DanL View Post
      They lost me right there. Keep your tablet interface off my desktop! (No, I don't believe that a design can work equally well for both cases unless it dramatically alters its appearance based on pixels detected, but thanks for asking...)
      What are you doing here then? Ubuntu's Unity as well as Gnome 3's interfaces are most certainly hybrid interfaces. What makes you think it's a tablet only interface though?

      Comment


      • #4
        All I care about for this app is for 3rd party streaming services (pandora, ect) to be built in by default and to be treated like a first class citizen by the application. I don't know about everyone, but I almost entirely listen to streaming music now-a-days and I'd love to see this a consideration in the official Ubuntu music application.
        Also, f*ck gstreamer, buggy thing crashes too much. Use vlc's audio codacs. I don't care with they require a license to use, I want play back to work right.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NothingMuchHereToSay View Post
          What are you doing here then? Ubuntu's Unity as well as Gnome 3's interfaces are most certainly hybrid interfaces. What makes you think it's a tablet only interface though?
          He's just complaining for the sake of compaining, and he's using Reductio ad absurdum/Strawman's Arguement to support his claim becuase his intial stance is too weak to stand on it's own.

          Comment


          • #6
            What are you doing here then?
            I'm not sure what "here" is referring to. Phoronix? Ubuntu? (I use Xubuntu in VM's to test software and fix bugs, though I'm mainly a Debian sid/xfce user because I like the rolling release model.)

            Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
            He's just complaining for the sake of compaining, and he's using Reductio ad absurdum/Strawman's Arguement to support his claim becuase his intial stance is too weak to stand on it's own.
            That's right, if you don't like your opponent's argument and have nothing to counter it with, just whip out the "strawman" concept...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              complaining for the sake of compaining
              Speaking of that, why are you complaining about gstreamer? Works for me (at least for audio).

              Comment


              • #8
                In before DRMs and MP3...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Speaking of that, why are you complaining about gstreamer? Works for me (at least for audio).
                  Becuase, literally, Pithos has crashed and reported a "playbackerror:gstreamer" twice this morning alone. Once since I made my earlier post in fact!

                  I like how reread my earlier post and found something you could use to Tu quoque bringing up my earlier post and claiming that I "complaining".

                  Your making an huge error though, I'm not your opponent. I'm not some buggy man sitting on the other side of the computer trying to bring you down. I'm not paid by microsoft, I'm not paid by Conanical. I'm not the archtypes of your imagination. I'm a person, with a different opinion.
                  Last edited by dh04000; 03-13-2014, 03:42 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                    Your making an huge error though, I'm not your opponent. I'm not some buggy man sitting on the other side of the computer trying to bring you down. I'm not paid by microsoft, I'm not paid by Conanical. I'm not the archtypes of your imagination.
                    LMFAO. You have a much more active (and delusional) imagination if that's what you think I'm thinking...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X