Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 2.8 Provides Many New Features To Artists

Phoronix: Krita 2.8 Provides Many New Features To Artists

The big Krita 2.8 release of this KDE oriented open-source digital painting program has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice indeed! I'll be sure to try this out when I get home. Really hope the improved tablet support is going to make a difference.
    Currently with my Intous 5, the quickbuttons behave very weird in some scenarios, compared to Windows. And lets not even speak of the touch/gesture-support

Comment

What? Haven't checked out Krita for years, and when I look now it has become a full featured drawing program. Amazing features like "Pseudo Infinite canvas" and the amount of different brushes are great:

I think it is wonderful that such professional and feature rich programs are available for free as Free software.

Comment

Originally posted by MannerMan View Post
        Very nice indeed! I'll be sure to try this out when I get home. Really hope the improved tablet support is going to make a difference.
        Currently with my Intous 5, the quickbuttons behave very weird in some scenarios, compared to Windows. And lets not even speak of the touch/gesture-support
        What DE are you under? If you're using anything other than Gnome 3.10 then you may have problems with your tablet. Check out this article for more information: http://www.davidrevoy.com/article/21...-painting.html

Comment

great piece of software

Comment

Krita is the best digital drawing software there is, period.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
              Have you tried MyPaint? It's quite good as well. When I got myself a Wacom I tried it and liked it. You just have to completely rely on keyboard shortcuts, otherwise everything takes to long.

I didn't try Krita though, I wonder why... Can't remember now.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                Aren't unsubstantiated opinions great?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  Aren't unsubstantiated opinions great?
                  Seriously though. Graphics artist and (hobbyist) painter here. Used Photoshop. User Painter. Krita is better than both in many ways & on-par in others, especially with the new release. Haven't tried CS6 or the latest Painter, but Krita is also much much faster in my experience (Linux Krita vs Window Photoshop/Painter). Unless you're a professional photographer and need Photoshop's fancy liquid filters, Krita is simply the best tool for digital artist considering the price ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X