Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.11 Has Optional Start Menu, D3D CS Work

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.11 Has Optional Start Menu, D3D CS Work

Wine 1.7.11 has been released and it packs a fair number of changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3NTE

I just tested this version, I didn't find Start Desktop Menu...How to activate this option?

Comment

Im reporting from Wine 1.7.11, and works good and have start menu its simple but works

On this moments i testing test drive unlimited 2, assasins creed revelations multiplayer, shadow warrior and im thinking about test other titles as farcry 3

Last edited by pinguinpc; 01-17-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by legluondunet View Post
        I just tested this version, I didn't find Start Desktop Menu...How to activate this option?
        I'd like to know too.

Comment

I finish test: test drive unlimited 2, assasins creed revelations multiplayer and shadow warrior 2013

Comment

Just waiting for stefan updating his github repo!

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
              I finish test: test drive unlimited 2, assasins creed revelations multiplayer and shadow warrior 2013

nice testing - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                nice testing - thanks
                I finish test other titles as assassins acreed brotherhood multiplayer training (i want test multiplayer but seems nothing play this days ) and lotr war in the north

On my channel have more tests

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28

In my case start menu appears without have nothing but i always use virtual desktop

Last edited by pinguinpc; 01-18-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                  I finish test other titles as assassins acreed brotherhood multiplayer training (i want test multiplayer but seems nothing play this days ) and lotr war in the north

On my channel have more tests

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28

In my case start menu appears without have nothing but i always use virtual desktop

dude - you're a machine

awesomesauce <3

too bad that there's no sound on those videos (is there ?)

I miss NFS Hot Pursuit - didn't know it was available on Steam, too

perhaps will get me that and see how well it works with the radeon (if that stupid gpu blacking out/lockup/improper reset/... monitor going to standby didn't exist [no messages on /var/log/kern.log ])

anyways: lots of choice, nice

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                    dude - you're a machine

awesomesauce <3

too bad that there's no sound on those videos (is there ?)

I miss NFS Hot Pursuit - didn't know it was available on Steam, too

perhaps will get me that and see how well it works with the radeon (if that stupid gpu blacking out/lockup/improper reset/... monitor going to standby didn't exist [no messages on /var/log/kern.log ])

anyways: lots of choice, nice
                    Thanks

Yes for misfortune, audio capturing hurts seriously fps performance (normally loss 50% o more fps when use audio capture) for this reason i prefer only shows video performance

For this details (compatibility mostly) and performance i use nvidia with privative driver, mostly personal game library runs than on amd/ati appears various problems (as you describe) as low fps performance, low compatibility and some games with graphics bugs

Comment

Well unlike no-overhead video capture (which requires a capture card), you can do no-overhead audio capture for cheap. Grab a stereo-stereo audio cable, direct your line out to another computer's line in -> voila. Then just mux it in to the video later.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                        Well unlike no-overhead video capture (which requires a capture card), you can do no-overhead audio capture for cheap. Grab a stereo-stereo audio cable, direct your line out to another computer's line in -> voila. Then just mux it in to the video later.
                        If you happen to have a full duplex sound card or two sound cards (perhaps one of them being a USB or firewire card) you might even be able to use this technique on the same computer with much less overhead than capturing the sound directly. I used to capture audio this way sometimes with a full duplex card or a USB sound card (quite a while ago). I can't be sure about the overhead, though, without testing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X