No announcement yet.

Wine 1.7.4 Continues With The D3D Command Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I narrowed suspect to winetricks ie7 ... which wont install correctly
    And WoT do not create preferences.xml (locate find nothing..).

And I'm not going back to Win :P (nor changing to Catalyst The Bastard )
    (If anything I will play EU4 more on Steam. WoT+Wine is first game I have troubles with...)

Will check if PoL works. But first I must find a way to coax it into using full install I already downloaded.
    Last edited by przemoli; 10-20-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      I think that I narrowed suspect to winetricks ie7 ... which wont install correctly
      And WoT do not create preferences.xml (locate find nothing..).

And I'm not going back to Win :P (nor changing to Catalyst The Bastard )
      (If anything I will play EU4 more on Steam. WoT+Wine is first game I have troubles with...)

Will check if PoL works. But first I must find a way to coax it into using full install I already downloaded.
      Have you tried using another Linux distro? like ubuntu, lubuntu,xubuntu or similar?

Comment

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
        Have you tried using another Linux distro? like ubuntu, lubuntu,xubuntu or similar?
        Ubu 13.04 = 3.11+9.2 from oilbaf's ppa. Eu4 and CKII from Steam work the same. Do not play any other games.

Edit:

Have modified PoL script that allow for installation from already downloaded instal files. Maybe this time it will work...
        Last edited by przemoli; 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
          Ubu 13.04 = 3.11+9.2 from oilbaf's ppa. Eu4 and CKII from Steam work the same. Do not play any other games.

Edit:

Have modified PoL script that allow for installation from already downloaded instal files. Maybe this time it will work...
          After some 10xth try. I got WoT installed with PoL (and have that script, will try to mainline it).

1.5.9 Works OK. (7-24 fps, but SMOOTH and PLAYABLE, so those FPS's are reported wrong probably...)
          1.7.1+CSMT from PoL Works OK (maybe a bit faster, 3D works well, 2D Gui have flickering text sometimes, but always draw properly after 1-2 sec.)

Will check if 3.12 give it a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
            but a GT 630 should do.
            GT 630 is a rebrand of the GT 440. Both are terrible, and you should avoid the GT 620, 630 and 640s (usage of DDR3 being the main problem). 610 has a use if you need more than 2 screens (and are not playing resource intensive games).

If you have the budget, get a GTX 660, it's way better than 650/650 Ti/650 Ti Boost.

Comment

"if you want compatibility and performance on games using wine, your only option for this moment is NVIDIA"

I use a AMD 7850 for one year and I can confirm that point! Even if AMD has improved a lot their Linux drivers, this is not enough.
              I regurlarly report game test results to WineHQ and I coudl see Nvidia users have less compatibility/crash problem than AMD users wen running wine games.
              Recently Steam Os beta needs a nvidia card... If you are a gamer on Linux, Nvidia is the card to have, for the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X