Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 1.7.4 Continues With The D3D Command Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think that I narrowed suspect to winetricks ie7 ... which wont install correctly
    And WoT do not create preferences.xml (locate find nothing..).

    And I'm not going back to Win :P (nor changing to Catalyst The Bastard )
    (If anything I will play EU4 more on Steam. WoT+Wine is first game I have troubles with...)


    Will check if PoL works. But first I must find a way to coax it into using full install I already downloaded.
    Last edited by przemoli; 10-20-2013, 03:24 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      I think that I narrowed suspect to winetricks ie7 ... which wont install correctly
      And WoT do not create preferences.xml (locate find nothing..).

      And I'm not going back to Win :P (nor changing to Catalyst The Bastard )
      (If anything I will play EU4 more on Steam. WoT+Wine is first game I have troubles with...)


      Will check if PoL works. But first I must find a way to coax it into using full install I already downloaded.
      Have you tried using another Linux distro? like ubuntu, lubuntu,xubuntu or similar?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by birdstream View Post
        Have you tried using another Linux distro? like ubuntu, lubuntu,xubuntu or similar?
        Ubu 13.04 = 3.11+9.2 from oilbaf's ppa. Eu4 and CKII from Steam work the same. Do not play any other games.

        Edit:

        Have modified PoL script that allow for installation from already downloaded instal files. Maybe this time it will work...
        Last edited by przemoli; 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by przemoli View Post
          Ubu 13.04 = 3.11+9.2 from oilbaf's ppa. Eu4 and CKII from Steam work the same. Do not play any other games.

          Edit:

          Have modified PoL script that allow for installation from already downloaded instal files. Maybe this time it will work...
          After some 10xth try. I got WoT installed with PoL (and have that script, will try to mainline it).

          1.5.9 Works OK. (7-24 fps, but SMOOTH and PLAYABLE, so those FPS's are reported wrong probably...)
          1.7.1+CSMT from PoL Works OK (maybe a bit faster, 3D works well, 2D Gui have flickering text sometimes, but always draw properly after 1-2 sec.)

          Will check if 3.12 give it a boost.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by birdstream View Post
            but a GT 630 should do.
            GT 630 is a rebrand of the GT 440. Both are terrible, and you should avoid the GT 620, 630 and 640s (usage of DDR3 being the main problem). 610 has a use if you need more than 2 screens (and are not playing resource intensive games).

            If you have the budget, get a GTX 660, it's way better than 650/650 Ti/650 Ti Boost.

            Comment


            • #21
              "if you want compatibility and performance on games using wine, your only option for this moment is NVIDIA"

              I use a AMD 7850 for one year and I can confirm that point! Even if AMD has improved a lot their Linux drivers, this is not enough.
              I regurlarly report game test results to WineHQ and I coudl see Nvidia users have less compatibility/crash problem than AMD users wen running wine games.
              Recently Steam Os beta needs a nvidia card... If you are a gamer on Linux, Nvidia is the card to have, for the moment.

              Comment

              Working...
              X