Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Includes VDPAU support.
    VDPAU support still sux and hidden, experimental.

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
      That's...odd. I wonder why they've not fixed it. Hopefully they'll explain.

Comment

FLAC files now play from the start instead of a few milliseconds into the track. MPC-HC still has this problem so it's good to see at least one major player has fixed it (even if it was unintentionally fixed).

Comment

Just installed it. The new audio core is FAR better, all my issues are fixed. No more audio/video de-syncing when I pause/resume and no more audio stutter when pausing. Now pauses/unpauses very cleanly and with no sound issues like mplayer Can finally go back to vlc.

Comment

No SPDIF Passthrough

SPDIF Passthrough doesn't work for me, I have checked 'Use S/PDIF when available' and 'Force detection of Dolby Surround', but I still get 2chn PCM instead of untouched AC3 track getting fed to A/V receiver.

Comment

Anyone getting:

Code:
               vdpau generic error: decoding profile not supported: 8.16 1280x720
              I get this on some videos i tried.

And is there anything to do about it? I read around about possible bug in Radeon drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                That's...odd. I wonder why they've not fixed it. Hopefully they'll explain.
                Lol, the developer I talked about actually fixed it, but the German translator just blindly committed his old broken but slightly extended .po file just before the release, instead of merging, effectively undoing the fix...

I hope this guy is just responsible for the german translation .. and nothing more crucial. Sent him a friendly email. Hope he gets it, after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by pakf View Post
                  Enable VA-API in the settings and you should not have any problems with video acceleration in VLC if you have the VA-2-VDPAU backend installed. Otherwise, the latest version of Gnome MPlayer should work fine for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pakf View Post
                    Did some checking and it turns out that it's just not there in the settings because all of the VLC builds in the repositories aren't being compiled with VDPAU enabled. So you have to download the source from VideoLan and compile it yourself with VDPAU enabled.

Comment

Working...
                    X