Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google To Bring New Packaged Chrome Apps To Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    +1 can we please finally get rid of VCL, XUL, and co?
    Than Qt would be the only option if you don't want to maintain one gui per plattform.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
      Than Qt would be the only option if you don't want to maintain one gui per plattform.
      Yup, I know. But can you really argue that VCL,XUL, and co are better than Qt?

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Yup, I know. But can you really argue that VCL,XUL, and co are better than Qt?
        well:

        VCL: basically exist because was the original toolkit used to create staroffice, not really the kinda of API you enjoy to use
        Xul: is not that bad but is firefox only and contains a lot of cruft for compatibility[last time i checked] and compared to qt5 not sure how efficient can be in graphic accel, no exactly pretty but have lots of history

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
          well:

          VCL: basically exist because was the original toolkit used to create staroffice, not really the kinda of API you enjoy to use
          Xul: is not that bad but is firefox only and contains a lot of cruft for compatibility[last time i checked] and compared to qt5 not sure how efficient can be in graphic accel, no exactly pretty but have lots of history
          so... in short: Hell no, and kinda sorta not really. I rest my case.

          Comment

          Working...
          X