Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Shows Mir, Unity-Next Running On MacBook Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    No it isn't. They will simply steal the show and will be on a major distro (Ubuntu) first. That is what matters these days. Time to market. Doesn't matter how superior Wayland is. Mir is the way it will go from here.
    They might steal your show but not mine, Ubuntu and Mer is just free development for me and my team. We don't use ubuntu but it's also not above us to pick thru there codebase and take what we want and make sure every other linux distro has the same opportunities.

    If ubuntu had plans for world domination then they should have stayed away from the OSS community, because there are no dominant leaders, only those that produce what the vast majority wants.
    You deviate from that and your nothing more than vapor that once was.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by zester View Post
      They might steal your show but not mine, Ubuntu and Mer is just free development for me and my team. We don't use ubuntu but it's also not above us to pick thru there codebase and take what we want and make sure every other linux distro has the same opportunities.
      Mir, not Mer. Mer is something different, and something that will actually use Wayland: http://merproject.org/

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Mir, not Mer. Mer is something different, and something that will actually use Wayland: http://merproject.org/
        lol thanks, I do that with "Get and Git" also and I am not referring to the VCS. Its the southerner in me, I have learned to adjust my language in-order to avoid using either of those two words.

        Comment


        • #24
          +1 for the KDE t-shirt

          The guy sits there with a Mac, telling everybody about some new feature, probably making Unity behave even more like Apples OS, while wearing a KDE t-shirt. Nice touch that one!

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by SirTrolle View Post
            The guy sits there with a Mac, telling everybody about some new feature, probably making Unity behave even more like Apples OS, while wearing a KDE t-shirt. Nice touch that one!
            It's a "Were not Evil" - "Please like us again" - "Look at my KDE shirt" - "And were cool just check out the Mac!!!!" tactic. Unfortunately what they haven't figured out is that everyone other than the fanboys are thinking to themselves ....... "Yes you are" - "No, we fucking despise you" - "Nice I have one to except I earned mine by supporting the KDE community for 10+ years" - "Fuck You and Your Mac Douchbag".

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by zester View Post
              Take a guess on what this application is being developed to do?

              What is that?
              Where can I find more information about it?

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by zester View Post
                It's a "Were not Evil" - "Please like us again" - "Look at my KDE shirt"[...]
                People at Canonical found probably out, that they need more love from KDE and KWin developers, so that Mir can be more successful. Martin Gr?sslin - a KWin developer - is not optimistic about the future of Ubuntus flavors.

                He expressed his thoughts on Mir in a blog post recently: Mir in Kubuntu

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  What is that?
                  Where can I find more information about it?
                  +1, that software looks very interesting. The '3D' menu has especially caught my interest. Is it commercial or open-source?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    What is that?
                    Where can I find more information about it?
                    It appears to be LiquidPixel Copyright 2013, Steven Starr.

                    But I'm just taking a stab at it.

                    Comment


                    • #30

                      Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      It appears to be LiquidPixel Copyright 2013, Steven Starr.

                      But I'm just taking a stab at it.
                      Its going to be fully open source, I am creating a new topic on phoronix to discuss what this application is and why. When I post it ill come back and update you guys. I dont want to highjack this thread with my own personal stuff.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X