No announcement yet.

Google Forks WebKit As Blink Rendering Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems silly to me considering that Chrome on iOS will continue to use Webkit according to people in #blink on freenode.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
      This seems silly to me considering that Chrome on iOS will continue to use Webkit according to people in #blink on freenode.
      I wonder if Apple has a rule that browsers on iOS HAVE TO use Webkit as their engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        I wonder if Apple has a rule that browsers on iOS HAVE TO use Webkit as their engine
        They do - no browser engines except Webkit are allowed. Firefox's browser on iOS had to use Webkit too, for the same reason, and that's why they eventually just killed their port.

Comment

When Opera switched to WebKit I was bummed (monoculture, Chrome+skin, abandoned Presto, etc) but thinking that at least they got WebKit and this might be a good this in the end felt right. But now... daaam

also http://prng.net/blink-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Not only that it will have to be the bulidin version, so no browser updates either. An when apple updates your content better be ready.

Comment

Working...
            X