Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10.1 Brings Bug-Fixes To Plasma, Kontact, KWin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE 4.10.1 Brings Bug-Fixes To Plasma, Kontact, KWin

    Phoronix: KDE 4.10.1 Brings Bug-Fixes To Plasma, Kontact, KWin

    The first monthly point release for the month-old KDE SC 4.10 is now available..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMxODU

  • #2
    K-DEad 4.10.passmethepopcorn..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      K-DEad 4.10.passmethepopcorn..
      dammit i wanted to be the first to post so i could say "here come the trolls" but apparently they already got here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        dammit i wanted to be the first to post so i could say "here come the trolls" but apparently they already got here.
        He is really impressive, almost always first to comment on all kde articles. He must love KDE!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Akka View Post
          He is really impressive, almost always first to comment on all kde articles. He must love KDE!!
          KDE keeps chugging along and delivering a great desktop. It hurts him, it really does.

          Comment


          • #6
            He only loves mono infested Gnome [/Troll]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
              He only loves mono infested Gnome [/Troll]
              Mono = CLA shit.
              Qt = CLA shit.
              Mono = Qt

              Funkstar = Anti CLA troll
              Funkstar = anti Qt
              Funkstar = anti Mono

              Comment


              • #8
                =>

                Funkstar = anti GNOME



                ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                  Mono = CLA shit.
                  Qt = CLA shit.
                  Mono = Qt

                  Funkstar = Anti CLA troll
                  Funkstar = anti Qt
                  Funkstar = anti Mono
                  Which, of course, explains my Gnome devs love Mono so much, while KDE devs couldn't care less about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
                    Funkstar = anti GNOME
                    KDE = Qts bitch
                    gnome = not MONOs bitch

                    Funkstar = pro gnome

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                      KDE = Qts bitch
                      gnome = not MONOs bitch

                      Funkstar = pro gnome
                      Yeah, Gnome just hates Mono. That must be why they based their own programming language on C#. That makes perfect sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So I'm updating to KDE 4.10.1 right now and I'm impressed to find that it's about 14MB smaller. That's pretty good for a minor update, and IIRC, going from 4.9 to 4.10 also reduced the size by a couple dozen MB. Keep it up KDE devs, this code cleanup is exactly what KDE needs. There's still a ways to go until it's not so bloated but so far every update I've ever had seemed to have improvements I enjoyed, aside from the occasional breakage of config files.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                          So I'm updating to KDE 4.10.1 right now and I'm impressed to find that it's about 14MB smaller. That's pretty good for a minor update, and IIRC, going from 4.9 to 4.10 also reduced the size by a couple dozen MB. Keep it up KDE devs, this code cleanup is exactly what KDE needs. There's still a ways to go until it's not so bloated but so far every update I've ever had seemed to have improvements I enjoyed, aside from the occasional breakage of config files.
                          I love KDE and think they are doing a terrific job. I'm not so concerned with the size of the program, but how useful and eligant it performs it's tasks. Of course if someone is trying to stuff it on a 4gb sd-card for the Rasperberry pi, they have my sympathy.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X