Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MonoDevelop vs. Xamarin Studio IDEs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by directhex View Post
    They use GNOME libraries like Gtk+, and they use GNOME infrastructure like Bugzilla. However, they are no more "part of GNOME" than kupfer or gwget.
    Ok, this makes things to look little better, but their software is advertised at the gnome site.

    Assuming you mean "spit",
    That's right.

    1. Fuck you for having the gall to tell other developers what environments they are and are nor permitted to use. I might think Erlang is a moronic choice of framework to write software, but that doesn't give me the right to tell anyone that they're not allowed to use it
    2. It's not proprietary. You're just not smart enough to comprehend that. And if you're talking about tangential relationship via standards bodies, there's very little on your system that *can't* have the same charge levied at it. You use TCP/IP, right?
    I'd would rather say: fuck all of the developers who try to smuggle m$ patents and tech into the Linux world. When comes to developers I'm not saying they're not allowed to use some crap from proprietary company, but I'm saying I boycott them and their projects. It doesn't matter if something is Open Source while it supports proprietary and anti Linux companies.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      Ok, this makes things to look little better, but their software is advertised at the gnome site.



      That's right.



      I'd would rather say: fuck all of the developers who try to smuggle m$ patents and tech into the Linux world. When comes to developers I'm not saying they're not allowed to use some crap from proprietary company, but I'm saying I boycott them and their projects. It doesn't matter if something is Open Source while it supports proprietary and anti Linux companies.
      GTK+ supports MS Windows, CUPS, WebKit, Firefox supports Apple's OS X and Windows, do you boycott those also?

      What about Samba? It also reimplements MS APIs. How do you treat that?

      I'm sure if you go through all software packages on your systems, you will find support for proprietary systems. What will you do then? Strip your system essentially making it unusable?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
        (...)I'd would rather say: fuck all of the developers who try to smuggle m$ patents and tech into the Linux world. When comes to developers I'm not saying they're not allowed to use some crap from proprietary company, but I'm saying I boycott them and their projects. It doesn't matter if something is Open Source while it supports proprietary and anti Linux companies.
        Are you disagreeing with Google too? They have a lot of proprietary stuff. Also Facebook, Intel, NVidia and Apple. Imagine that Apple patented just 5 years ago "multi-touch" and they attacked HTC for "gestures" patents.

        Or you like that Facebook gave to (some) HipHop, Intel gave good upstream video drivers and Apple gave LLVM. I don't have anything in defense of NVidia, so I can say just: attack NVidia, it is all about proprietary blobs.

        What about Xamarin/ex-Novell: they gave tools that some users and developers use. The relation with of Mono with Microsoft as is the relation of C or C++ and At&t. You have to be capable to understand the difference between a specification/language and an implementation.

        If you're not capable, this represents your level of logic: f this, f that, but when is about anything constructive... you're nowhere to be found

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by ciplogic View Post
          don't have anything in defense of NVidia, so I can say just: attack NVidia, it is all about proprietary blobs.
          Only the desktop GPU drivers are blobs. And their blobs are both remarkably stable AND mostly feature (with the exception of Optimus) + performance par with the Windows blobs, so they're off the hook where I'm concerned.

          They have also been contributing to the Tegra open drivers.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
            GTK+ supports MS Windows, CUPS, WebKit, Firefox supports Apple's OS X and Windows, do you boycott those also?

            What about Samba? It also reimplements MS APIs. How do you treat that?

            I'm sure if you go through all software packages on your systems, you will find support for proprietary systems. What will you do then? Strip your system essentially making it unusable?
            Do you base your desktop environment on Samba? Does Samba serve MS or rather Linux? Do most of the proprietary packages found in your Linux distribution support some anti Linux companies or just help Linux running some devices? Samba, Firefox, gtk+ don't come from MS or Apple, so I recommend you to stop making yourself a fool. Such strawman examples don't work on me.
            Last edited by Pawlerson; 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by ciplogic View Post
              Are you disagreeing with Google too? They have a lot of proprietary stuff. Also Facebook, Intel, NVidia and Apple. Imagine that Apple patented just 5 years ago "multi-touch" and they attacked HTC for "gestures" patents.

              Or you like that Facebook gave to (some) HipHop, Intel gave good upstream video drivers and Apple gave LLVM. I don't have anything in defense of NVidia, so I can say just: attack NVidia, it is all about proprietary blobs.

              What about Xamarin/ex-Novell: they gave tools that some users and developers use. The relation with of Mono with Microsoft as is the relation of C or C++ and At&t. You have to be capable to understand the difference between a specification/language and an implementation.

              If you're not capable, this represents your level of logic: f this, f that, but when is about anything constructive... you're nowhere to be found
              There's no logic in your comments. Google and facebook are Linux friendly companies while apple and ms are anti Linux ones. I have no reasons to attack Nvidia which supports Linux with their great drivers. It's such simple and I feel depressed when reading such bullshit. Oh, and one more thing: as far as I know neither facebook or nvidia are Linux competitors on desktop market. Apple didn't gave llvm, they found it will be better to them to use some open source license. They try to compete against GCC which comes with far better license, so this example is totally idiotic.
              Last edited by Pawlerson; 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                There's no logic in your comments. Google and facebook are Linux friendly companies while apple and ms are anti Linux ones. I have no reasons to attack Nvidia which supports Linux with their great drivers. It's such simple and I feel depressed when reading such bullshit. Oh, and one more thing: as far as I know neither facebook or nvidia are Linux competitors on desktop market. Apple didn't gave llvm, they found it will be better to them to use some open source license. They try to compete against GCC which comes with far better license, so this example is totally idiotic.
                If you print on Linux you're using CUPS, an Apple project.

                Or look at Webkit, whose biggest contributors are Apple and Google. Is that project good or evil? Why? Why not?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by directhex View Post
                  If you print on Linux you're using CUPS, an Apple project.

                  Or look at Webkit, whose biggest contributors are Apple and Google. Is that project good or evil? Why? Why not?
                  And what's your point? Do apple or google get my money when I use cups or webkit that originally comes from KDE? Can they use patents against me? Furthermore, as far as I remember CUPS wasn't created by crapple, but this doesn't matter.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    And what's your point? Do apple or google get my money when I use cups or webkit that originally comes from KDE?
                    Does Xamarin get money from you writing a Gtk# app on Linux?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by directhex View Post
                      Does Xamarin get money from you writing a Gtk# app on Linux?
                      Just wait, I'll bet his answer will be something along the lines of "DOESN'T MATTER THEY SUPPORT MICROSOFT AND THEY MUST DIE."

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X