Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Phoronix: KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

KDE 4.10 was officially released today as the latest bi-annual update to this popular open-source project with the Plasma desktop shell at its core...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Who cares?

KDE is dead anyway. Delayed and still offering less new features. It cant be a surprise due to the increasing lack of developers. Stop beatong the dead horse.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      KDE is dead anyway. Delayed and still offering less new features. It cant be a surprise due to the increasing lack of developers. Stop beatong the dead horse.
      Isn't it a bit too early for this?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
        @funkstar:
        even in my ignore list, i can read your irrelevant posts because others quotes you, how bad.
        please, stop saying the same things again and again.
        I don't know what's your problem with kde, did it kill your cat maybe?
        but no developer, reading your posts, will change his mind and stop developing kde, nor any user will stop using it just because of your posts.

Are you aware of this, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
          Stop feeding the troll.

GJ KDE team.

I was using Kubuntu 12.04 for specific kernel version (VMWare had troubles with kernel found in kubuntu12.10, now it works).
          After upgrading to Kubuntu 12.10 I have thought that I have new PC in front of me

Now I'm eager to test 4.10 as soon as it land in some (semi) stable Ubu repo.

Comment

but no developer, reading your posts, will change his mind and stop developing kde, nor any user will stop using it just because of your posts.

Are you aware of this, right?
            So you are refuting that a forum full of whiners can change the world? I agree with you. However for KDEs matter it still doesnt change anything. KDE is long past the point where it can be saved. Less users, less exposure in distributions and less developers. Hell they are even giving up on maintaining core parts. It is transfered to Digia (CLAed even).

Suffering from a lowering user/dev/distro share is a bit sad, but surrendering your core and its copyleft to a God damn company equal to Oracle is a felony. So yeah KDE needs to go away for the sake of freedom. It is quote nice to see the idiots fucking it up
            Last edited by funkSTAR; 06 February 2013, 05:56 AM.

Comment

So you are refuting that a forum full of whiners can change the world? I agree with you. However for KDEs matter it still doesnt change anything. KDE is long past the point where it can be saved. Less users, less exposure in distributions and less developers. Hell they are even giving up on maintaining core parts. It is transfered to Digia (CLAed even).

Suffering from a lowering user/dev/distro share is a bit sad, but surrendering your core and its copyleft to a God damn company equal to Oracle is a felony. So yeah KDE needs to go away for the sake of freedom. It is quote nice to see the idiots fucking it up
              Sorry for feeding, but according to polls KDE has far more users than gnome. It's also in far better shape and I bet there's far more developers working on it. It also runs on tablets unlike gnome shell which thinks my PC is the tablet.

Comment

Good luck with that other DE that keeps removing features instead of adding.
                Oops.

Comment

Awesome release!

I'm using RC2 currently and it is already running great. Can't wait to update to final KDE SC 4.10. Great job KDE community!

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    Sorry for feeding, but according to polls KDE has far more users than gnome. It's also in far better shape and I bet there's far more developers working on it. It also runs on tablets unlike gnome shell which thinks my PC is the tablet.
                    I really believe that GNOME has lost its way, and its core developers are incompetent morons. I have been a long time user of GNOME and finally i decided to switch to KDE. KDE is not without problems, but at least they have a clear focus on the desktop.

GNOME targets a market it simply can't compete in. They do this in the hope that they will be able to earn a piece of the tablet/smartphone pie. They will fail. And Unity will fail too. They can't compete with Google or Apple, that is insane. And they will lose their installed base in the process. It is too late for them to admit they are wrong or reverse their course, so they will continue their destructive policies until all it remains from their projects is a Wikipedia article...

What i find lacking in KDE is Kwin. It's performance could be much improved. The GUI completely stalls after heavy I/O access, unlike the GNOME Shell. I believe the XCB support will help, we shall see. Other than that KDE is finally really stable and with plenty of features.

Let's just hope they will not lose their mind like the others and turn KDE in another tablet UI....

Comment

Working...
                    X