Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by Akka View Post
    After tried a little, I don't get nepomuk to index my hidden folders. I don't found any filter alternative about that. The result is that do not find my hidden files and folder. No idea if it a bug or lack of a feature. Maybe that is why you get different result?
    Hidden folders are omitted by default. System Settings -> Desktop Search -> Customize Folders
    Hidden files in search result window are probably just hidden Press "Alt + ." in Dolphin.

    Comment


    • #82
      Originally posted by gedgon View Post
      Hidden folders are omitted by default. System Settings -> Desktop Search -> Customize Folders
      Hidden files in search result window are probably just hidden Press "Alt + ." in Dolphin.
      What I can see it do not work.
      But in the nepomukstrigirc file iI found
      Code:
      index hidden folders=false
      4.10 dont use strigi anymore but maybe its same configuration files. If I remove the file it its always recreated at least.

      Comment


      • #83
        Uh-oh.
        I just read
        http://dilfridge.blogspot.de/2013/02...es-and-qt.html

        Hmm. Maybe I'll wait with the installation a bit until this has settled.

        Comment


        • #84
          Most likely you're not only missing your hidden folders, but a lot more. Recursive indexing is broken in 4.10.0.
          https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314559

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by dilfridge View Post
            Most likely you're not only missing your hidden folders, but a lot more. Recursive indexing is broken in 4.10.0.
            https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314559
            That is fixed and at lest Arch Linux has already shipped the fixes.

            Comment


            • #86
              Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              Uh-oh.
              I just read
              http://dilfridge.blogspot.de/2013/02...es-and-qt.html

              Hmm. Maybe I'll wait with the installation a bit until this has settled.
              “The Qt bug only becomes fatal for some compiler options”.

              Comment


              • #87
                Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                “The Qt bug only becomes fatal for some compiler options”.
                It is a very much about it in the Gentoo forum. I don't almost find the specific problem mentioned anywhere else? Has all the binary dists shipped qt with the right CXXFLAGS? I have not experienced the problem in my arch installation at least and as I understand the pkgbuild arch don't build qt with the Os flag?
                Last edited by Akka; 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  “The Qt bug only becomes fatal for some compiler options”.
                  The bug seems not to occur if Qt is compiled with CFLAGS="-Os". Cause unknown.

                  Well, most people likely use -O2 and march=native. It works with -Os wich is normally used only by people on embedded or old Geode CPUs (like me) or VIA C3/C7 (like me). Okay and these are 32bit anyway. But on all other computers (AMD 64) that would probably be a problem. And most (average) people today use an intel or amd on amd64. Gentoo still has KDE SC 4.10 in unstable. maybe that is the reason.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    ...Gentoo still has KDE SC 4.10 in unstable. maybe that is the reason.
                    Usually, to go stable on Gentoo a package needs to be at least 30 days on testing without any bug report.

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      KDE is PURE GARBAGE! It's overbloated crap. It freezes my machine after a while, especially with Firefox.

                      Also, who gives a crap about widgets?!? All of a sudden, the time will only show UTC. I wonder how many people switch from KDE to something else. I bet that is that is the highest of any DE switch. KDE to *anything*.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X