KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akka View Post
    After tried a little, I don't get nepomuk to index my hidden folders. I don't found any filter alternative about that. The result is that do not find my hidden files and folder. No idea if it a bug or lack of a feature. Maybe that is why you get different result?
    Hidden folders are omitted by default. System Settings -> Desktop Search -> Customize Folders
    Hidden files in search result window are probably just hidden Press "Alt + ." in Dolphin.

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
      Hidden folders are omitted by default. System Settings -> Desktop Search -> Customize Folders
      Hidden files in search result window are probably just hidden Press "Alt + ." in Dolphin.
      What I can see it do not work.
      But in the nepomukstrigirc file iI found
      Code:
      index hidden folders=false
      4.10 dont use strigi anymore but maybe its same configuration files. If I remove the file it its always recreated at least.

Comment

Uh-oh.
        I just read
        http://dilfridge.blogspot.de/2013/02...es-and-qt.html

Hmm. Maybe I'll wait with the installation a bit until this has settled.

Comment

Most likely you're not only missing your hidden folders, but a lot more. Recursive indexing is broken in 4.10.0.
          https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314559

Comment

Originally posted by dilfridge View Post
            Most likely you're not only missing your hidden folders, but a lot more. Recursive indexing is broken in 4.10.0.
            https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314559
            That is fixed and at lest Arch Linux has already shipped the fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              Uh-oh.
              I just read
              http://dilfridge.blogspot.de/2013/02...es-and-qt.html

Hmm. Maybe I'll wait with the installation a bit until this has settled.
              “The Qt bug only becomes fatal for some compiler options”.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                It is a very much about it in the Gentoo forum. I don't almost find the specific problem mentioned anywhere else? Has all the binary dists shipped qt with the right CXXFLAGS? I have not experienced the problem in my arch installation at least and as I understand the pkgbuild arch don't build qt with the Os flag?
                Last edited by Akka; 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  The bug seems not to occur if Qt is compiled with CFLAGS="-Os". Cause unknown.

Well, most people likely use -O2 and march=native. It works with -Os wich is normally used only by people on embedded or old Geode CPUs (like me) or VIA C3/C7 (like me). Okay and these are 32bit anyway. But on all other computers (AMD 64) that would probably be a problem. And most (average) people today use an intel or amd on amd64. Gentoo still has KDE SC 4.10 in unstable. maybe that is the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    ...Gentoo still has KDE SC 4.10 in unstable. maybe that is the reason.
                    Usually, to go stable on Gentoo a package needs to be at least 30 days on testing without any bug report.

Comment

KDE is PURE GARBAGE! It's overbloated crap. It freezes my machine after a while, especially with Firefox.

Also, who gives a crap about widgets?!? All of a sudden, the time will only show UTC. I wonder how many people switch from KDE to something else. I bet that is that is the highest of any DE switch. KDE to *anything*.

Comment

Working...
                      X