Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed Into February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed
    Oh? This is rare... I can't remember a single release of KDE being delayed since the release of 4.0. Not that I'm constantly on the look out for delays though, so I might just have missed it.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Well. People ARE leaving. Like I did.
      It doesn't seem so.
      Even on archlinux, a distribution whose users tipically avoid 'bloated' DEs (despite it just takes less than 180mb ram without akonadi) :
      https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics

      kdebase-workspace is used by 31% users.

      Comment


      • #33
        YEAAAAAAHHHH FUNKSTAR IS BACK

        and in 2013 his wife is still humping KDE developers as i can see

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          It doesn't seem so.
          Even on archlinux, a distribution whose users tipically avoid 'bloated' DEs (despite it just takes less than 180mb ram without akonadi) :
          https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics

          kdebase-workspace is used by 31% users.
          Let me help you. First of all; when people move it translates to change over time, not absolute values. Secondly; Your claims about what Arch is and isnt is flawed. Now Arch doesnt show trending just absolute values. So go use google. Im sorry to tell you about 40% had KDE installed a year ago.

          Conclusion; KDE is losing its former arch stronghold. Just like KDE is going down the drain on debian&ubuntu. LOL.

          Comment


          • #35
            funkSTAR, what is wrong with you? Talk about things you love or how to improve things. What do you earn by trolling? Do you think you have a sacred mission to warn everybody about the end of KDE?

            Honestly, get a life dude.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by aavci View Post
              funkSTAR, what is wrong with you?
              Dear Sir. Thank you for your genuine concern about my wellbeing. Im happy to annonce Im in good health. God bless you.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by aavci View Post
                funkSTAR, what is wrong with you?
                He's probably the reincarnation of BlackStar, who seems to have been a Gnome 2 fan, trolling hard on KDE. Glad to see that he didn't die from seizures, but the lobotomy did remove the memory of his old account name

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  He's probably the reincarnation of BlackStar, who seems to have been a Gnome 2 fan, trolling hard on KDE. Glad to see that he didn't die from seizures, but the lobotomy did remove the memory of his old account name
                  I might be a star but Im funky and rather pale. So no blackstar. And no fan of gnome2 either. So you missed. No lets get back to the topic. KDE cant manage to release on time despite so few new features. KDE is DOOOMED.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                    I might be a star but Im funky and rather pale. So no blackstar. And no fan of gnome2 either. So you missed. No lets get back to the topic. KDE cant manage to release on time despite so few new features. KDE is DOOOMED.
                    Oh my GOD! TWO WHOLE WEEKS! It's the END OF THE WORLD! (I can do caps and repeating letters tOOoOoo!)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I hear a call for a new features list, so here goes :

                      In general : the nepomuk framework ditched strigi for indexing, and has a new plugin-based system. Ultimately removing all strigi related problems (like reading entire .avi files). Continuing with nepomuk, akonadi nepomuk feeders have also been reworked (will be available in rc2).
                      KDEPIM : kmail got backup functionality, other optimizations. Akregator is on its way to be rewritten using akonadi.
                      Plasma has even more parts in QML (namely notifications).
                      More activity enabled applications (gwenview comes to mind). Speaking of gwenview, it got color management enabled (this is coming to kwin).
                      Okular got tile-based rendering.
                      A very nice addition is the passive notification system in kate (propagated into kdevelop and other apps).
                      KTouch (the edu application to learn touch-typing) is a completely new app.
                      The games library got a big cleanup.
                      Not sure if it got merged into master, but there is a new kioslave for the MTP protocol.

                      more info in the official feature plan

                      KDE is not dead, far from it. I personnaly love it, and am quite unable to easily use anything else than my heavily tweaked setup.

                      @funkSTAR : chill dude, you got your point across:you hate kde. You are entirely within your rights, just don't make our forum experience miserbable.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                        Let me help you. First of all; when people move it translates to change over time, not absolute values. Secondly; Your claims about what Arch is and isnt is flawed. Now Arch doesnt show trending just absolute values. So go use google. Im sorry to tell you about 40% had KDE installed a year ago.Conclusion; KDE is losing its former arch stronghold. Just like KDE is going down the drain on debian&ubuntu. LOL.
                        Your conclusions are incorect. KDE and gnome was on pair in Arch till the utter shit called gnome 3 came out. KDE usage increased. Every poll on the net shows the same. Unity and KDE gains, gnome looses. You're simply a lier, pal. Does icaza paid you?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                          I hear a call for a new features list, so here goes :

                          In general : the nepomuk framework ditched strigi for indexing, and has a new plugin-based system.
                          Strigi removal = feature removal. KDE doesnt listen to the few users who havent jump the ship! Hate!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                            Your conclusions are incorect. KDE and gnome was on pair in Arch till the utter shit called gnome 3 came out. KDE usage increased. Every poll on the net shows the same. Unity and KDE gains, gnome looses. You're simply a lier, pal. Does icaza paid you?
                            Here are some numbers > OMG!Ubuntu! poll (ENG) - (I consider these users as normal users) - 15 900 people & Root.cz poll (CZ) - The second graph is what you are looking for (I consider these voter as powerusers) - 4423 people

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                              utter shit called gnome 3
                              So... when he says KDE is dead he is troll, when u say gnome 3 is shit u are right? Funny.
                              Last edited by phoen1x; 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Two simple rules in case of troll.

                                1) put on ignore list
                                2) do not repy, quote and whatsoever .....

                                And finally then you'll find world a happy place


                                As for KDE, all is good. lots of nice things going down the pipe. I hope they somehow manage to sneak new display management plasmoid/kcm.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X