No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed Into February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I haven't really hit any KDE bugs in a -very- long time, but then again I mainly use it on my laptop for actual developer workloads. KDE 4.10 is a pretty nice release with decent features. BTW, did someone really claim that Unity, Canonical's bastardized buggy hack on Gnome was really a contender to either KDE or Gnome by itself?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      Right on! Screw all the people who like KDE, if funkStar doesn't like it then the whole project should just be abandoned.
      Well. People ARE leaving. Like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
        BTW, did someone really claim that Unity, Canonical's bastardized buggy hack on Gnome was really a contender to either KDE or Gnome by itself?
        Yup. Unity is past KDE for sure. And probaly gnome to!
        Last edited by funkSTAR; 02 January 2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
          I am curios when did you leave KDE? You are just trolling as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            I'm going to be in a minority here but I feel like KDE has died. Really.

Between KDE 4.4 and KDE 4.10 there's almost nothing visible or interesting for the average user.
            My school has KDE 4.3 installed (rhel6), and it is a terrible experience compared to 4.9 on my laptop/desktop. Many of the features that I miss are things that were added in 4.8 and 4.9, such as improvements in Kate, Dolphin, and Kwin, as well as greater stability and flexability in Plasma. (the alt+f2 launcher has gotten loads better, not sure when the changes happened, but it wasn't improved until at least 4.5)

Comment

That's shit talk. KDE is dead code walking. It sees no new features. Sure KDE4 is better now compared to the embarrassing first 5 releases, but there really is no excuse for lacking new features. KDE is the victim of Unity.
              No completely overhauling the interface =/= dead code you moron.

Mean while gnome 3.x removed features from 2.x, what's that mean if being "dead" is determined by features? Gnome is rotting then?

See, I can talk bullshit too!

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
                No completely overhauling the interface =/= dead code you moron.

Mean while gnome 3.x removed features from 2.x, what's that mean if being "dead" is determined by features? Gnome is rotting then?

See, I can talk bullshit too!
                Do not argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Jesus, never tough there where so many KDe haters.
                  I love it, kill me if you want...

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                    And some are coming. Like me.
                    Your presence counts as net loss. Too bad for KDE.

Comment

Funny, I'm just installing KDE on my main ultrabook :P

Comment

Working...
                      X