KDE To Get Improved Multi-Monitor Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akka View Post
    Works form me.... I have used it at least some years.
    i don't beleave that you using the kde tools and xrandr. It works with only one display but with two it doesn't restore the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: KDE To Get Improved Multi-Monitor Handling

A new screen manager is being worked on for the KDE desktop to dramatically improve the multi-monitor experience by making it work "auto-magically" or at least be "super simple" to configure...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI2MjI

Except for some of the display options it looks like Gnomes setup.
      You drag the monitors around so that they match their physical configuration and you can set things like primary monitor, resolution, etc. Also, it saves the setups so that when it detects those inputs again it automatically uses the setup you used previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        But you definitely don't use more than one monitor. Because this bug is confirmed since 5 years for Multimonitor setups.
        i don't beleave that you using the kde tools and xrandr. It works with only one display but with two it doesn't restore the settings.
        I use two monitors and only krandr for configuration (no xorg.conf). I think you need to check your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          I use two monitors and only krandr for configuration (no xorg.conf). I think you need to check your setup.
          Do you change the Settings from the Displays like resolution, primary or position? And i don't have to check my settings by an confirmed and from kde accepted bug.

Comment

I'm not the hugest fan of KDE, but after watching this video KDE clearly has far superior multimonitor support compared to any of the other DE's.

Comment

Do you change the Settings from the Displays like resolution, primary or position?
              Yes. It works, really.

Comment

First official release: http://www.afiestas.org/kscreen-0-1-alpha-released/

Comment

This program is included in the Fedora 19 Beta, if you use KDE as your desktop. It looks like multiple video cards and multiple monitors is working with it using the nouveau driver. Seems to work perfectly so far...

Comment

Working...
                  X