KDE To Get Improved Multi-Monitor Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    This don't save or restore the Settings after an system start.
    The "Save as default" button should restore the settings after a system start.
    To be honest I've never tried it, because the X default is also the default I want to use for my setup ;-)

Comment

What about two external screens? What if your virtual X size is not big enough for two screens side by side but it would be big enough for one over the top of the other (I'm looking at you, fglrx)? What if I don't want do disable the internal display when closing the laptop for a short time?

What also wasn't shown: What about window placement? When I disable my external screen, everything is moved to the remaining screen. When I re-enable it, everything stays there...

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
        The "Save as default" button should restore the settings after a system start.
        That didn't work since 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          finaly, i hope they will port it to other DE lso
          libkscreen does not seem to have any dependencies on anything KDE-specific, although I could be wrong. All I can see are Qt dependencies. (The choice of pure GPL for a library is weird, though.)

Comment

Multi Seat

It would be nice if these efforts reach the heights of their logical conclusion, which is automagic multi seat goodness.

Comment

Has consistantly worked on my machine for the last 5 years... Might want to try it again or figure out what else could be the issue.

Comment

Works fine here with R600g, nouveau and Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowBane View Post
                  Has consistantly worked on my machine for the last 5 years... Might want to try it again or figure out what else could be the issue.
                  Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  Works fine here with R600g, nouveau and Intel.
                  But you definitely don't use more than one monitor. Because this bug is confirmed since 5 years for Multimonitor setups.

Comment

Multiple Video Cards

But you definitely don't use more than one monitor. Because this bug is confirmed since 5 years for Multimonitor setups.
                    Multiple monitors on the same video card are hit and miss.

Multiple monitors over multiple video cards hasn't worked properly with most Linux desktops in years.

(For example, just install >1 video card, hook up a monitor to it, and even if xorg.conf is properly configured, it won't appear in Gnome / KDE GUI's to position monitors. Icon dragging between different X screens is a no go although it worked in CentOS 5.8.)

If you are putting in the effort to deal with multiple monitors, please consider the case of multiple video cards. (4 video cards X 6 monitors = 24 monitors is a reality in terms of hardware, it needs to be a reality in terms of software as well.)

Thanks!

Comment

Works form me.... I have used it at least some years.

Comment

Working...
                      X