Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE To Get Improved Multi-Monitor Handling

Phoronix: KDE To Get Improved Multi-Monitor Handling

A new screen manager is being worked on for the KDE desktop to dramatically improve the multi-monitor experience by making it work "auto-magically" or at least be "super simple" to configure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm an Xfce user, but something like this might get me to make a switch. Awesome!

Comment

Could it be Screen Management Done Right?
      Nice work!

Comment

finaly, i hope they will port it to other DE lso

Comment

A great thing considering setting up multiple monitors in KDE (and GNOME) is a royal PITA and something like having any DE not just KDE automagically configure the 2nd monitor would be welcomed. A control panel for fine tuning the multi-monitor configuration would also be a nice touch too!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
            A control panel for fine tuning the multi-monitor configuration would also be a nice touch too!
            Available now is krandr for doing it manually (includes a tray icon for easy access):

Comment

Sponsored by Red Hat?

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that they were sponsoring KDE?

Comment

Looks perfect for laptops, but I doubt this will help people with multiple displays on high-end workstations that span multiple GPUs / graphic cards.

As far as I'm concerned, KDE is the only high-end desktop left, every other project (even KDE to some extent) only cares about all of the tablets they're not even running on.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  Sponsored by Red Hat?

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that they were sponsoring KDE?
                  They do since years. It's just that Red Hat?s support for KDE is dwarfed by their support for GNOME. KDE software is included with full support by Red Hat in RHEL (not installed by default but the only alternative to GNOME).

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                    Available now is krandr for doing it manually (includes a tray icon for easy access):
                    This don't save or restore the Settings after an system start.

Comment

Working...
                    X