Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 GNOME User Survey Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 GNOME User Survey Results

    Phoronix: 2012 GNOME User Survey Results

    After already sharing the free response survey results, here are the results from the structured part of this year's annual GNOME User Survey.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18305

  • #2
    When comparing feelings of GNOME 3 relative to GNOME 2, most of the respondents felt the desktop is "definitely worse" than its predecessor. There were 1758 responses saying its definitely worse while 1486 thought it was definitely an improvement and then 1052 weren't strongly sided on their position of GNOME 3.x.
    ... where by "most" you mean 39%.

    Comment


    • #3
      cue butthurt gnome3 supporters in 3..2..

      Comment


      • #4
        Heh, if anything, the first question is a good measure of how many votes can be ignored completely Why would people take the GNOME survey if they don't use it, and especially if they don't even know what it is. It's like asking "Do you know what a cat is? No? All right, so what cats do you like more, white or black?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Heh, if anything, the first question is a good measure of how many votes can be ignored completely Why would people take the GNOME survey if they don't use it, and especially if they don't even know what it is. It's like asking "Do you know what a cat is? No? All right, so what cats do you like more, white or black?"
          It would've been much better if the survey was interactive, ie, if you answered "I don't know it / never used it" the questions regarding your "oppinion" about gnome 3 were omitted.

          Looking forward for better design for the next surveys.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who the hell uses Gnome on a tablet? Seriously, if anyone from the 59 is reading this, can you really use Gnome on a tablet? I have a feeling some things are just too small.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by devius View Post
              Who the hell uses Gnome on a tablet? Seriously, if anyone from the 59 is reading this, can you really use Gnome on a tablet? I have a feeling some things are just too small.
              More interestingly, *how* do you run it on a tablet? Nobody is shipping devices running Gnome, and most of that kind of hardware is pretty difficult to put a new OS onto. Or are people counting some of the new Windows8-oriented hybrid machines as tablets?

              Comment


              • #8
                So, about 60% think Gnome 3 is about the same or better than Gnome 2, proving that the whiners are just another clueless, annoying, vocal minority, like the Tea Party, that just need to be punched in the face.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                  More interestingly, *how* do you run it on a tablet? Nobody is shipping devices running Gnome, and most of that kind of hardware is pretty difficult to put a new OS onto. Or are people counting some of the new Windows8-oriented hybrid machines as tablets?
                  It depends how tablets are defined. Gnome Shell can runs fine on x86 based tablets (also known as Tablet PC) like for example LT20. ARM is a different story.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks! The world didn't end and I am hungover, this is also the last day of work for me this year Looking forward to check the results

                    Why Nautilus, I barely use it. [Most|all] file operations can be done on a shell...
                    Last edited by disi; 12-21-2012, 03:42 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X