Enlightenment E17 Is Being Released This Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Huh, I thought the "Rubber Ducky" was the final release, quickly reading the phoronix announcement of it. The e17 page for it says clearly it's merely a beta.
    Well, enlightenment page says e17 is going to be released December 21 and Omega is the last pre-release. Now all they have to do is finish icon theme and fix few more bugs, but they still have time. Bug free software just doesn't exist.
    Last edited by phoen1x; 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Huh, I thought the "Rubber Ducky" was the final release, quickly reading the phoronix announcement of it. The e17 page for it says clearly it's merely a beta.
      You installed it??

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
        Well, enlightenment page says e17 is going to be released December 21 and Omega is the last pre-release. Now all they have to do is finish icon theme and fix few more bugs, but they still have time. Bug free software just doesn't exist.
        Didn't they have 12 years to do this? :-P

Comment

i have been following e17 from the alphas and have tried n gits way before

am now on "lucky" and it works good

few bugs affect me like the compositing bug when you fullscreen something then some windows dont appear (like firefox dropdown thing)
          (the official temporary fix is to unclick "dont composite fullscreen windows")

filemanager has been buggy few years ago, omg level of buggy
          has been buggy in the betas, like when its making tumbs it crashed or stalled the whole e17
          now i dont see it happening at all, but i dont use a file manager much tbh

best thing is when it crashes it just reloads as if nothing happened

advanced, light and highly customizable, i like it

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Didn't they have 12 years to do this? :-P

i think they focused more on EFL, and they changed a lot over the years

Comment

Working...
            X