• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    but don't spread the FUD.
    Take your own advice.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Take your own advice.
      I have proven my points, hence its not FUD. Your happiness with nvidia blob is not a valid proof. Take my advice as well.
      So if you consider your proprietary puddle to be acceptable for everyone only because you like it, you are dead wrong.

Comment

So what if the nvidia driver is a proprietary blob? The topic is VDPAU. Which is not closed source. There is full documentation on how to implement it, and the source of the library is available. And there are *two* implementations - a closed one from nvidia, and an open one in Gallium3D.

Are you going to argue that XVMC is closed too? Nvidia has a closed implementation of that in their driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          So what if the nvidia driver is a proprietary blob? The topic is VDPAU. Which is not closed source. There is full documentation on how to implement it, and the source of the library is available. And there are *two* implementations - a closed one from nvidia, and an open one in Gallium3D.

Are you going to argue that XVMC is closed too? Nvidia has a closed implementation of that in their driver.
          Nothing. Yes, its not. Yes. Yes.
          No. Doesn't concern me, because Nvidia is free to decide how to handle things.

The point is that when having choice between GPL and proprietary implementation of same functionality, GPL offers much more freedom and makes sure it stays this way. No one is forcing anyone to pick certain implementation however.

Comment

The point is that when having choice between GPL and proprietary implementation of same functionality, GPL offers much more freedom and makes sure it stays this way. No one is forcing anyone to pick certain implementation however.
            Neither Mesa nor Xorg are under GPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Neither Mesa nor Xorg are under GPL.
              This is better this way, because those components will be widely integrated. We don't want BSD, Haiku etc without graphics, do we?

Comment

You behave like a slut, mark45. How the fsck is he spoiling idea of opensource? bla bla bla.
                I think it's you bitching around. Just shut up, your paranoia is your problem, not mine. I'll be using whatever I want, no matter how much you hate it. In fact, the more you hate it the better I like it.
                By dealing with overprotective open source douche bags I start liking closed source better.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  I think it's you bitching around. Just shut up, your paranoia is your problem, not mine. I'll be using whatever I want, no matter how much you hate it. In fact, the more you hate it the better I like it.
                  By dealing with overprotective open source douche bags I start liking closed source better.
                  Windows is 100$, don't resist the temptation, flow with the masses.

Comment

Windows is 100$, don't resist the temptation, flow with the masses.
                    Jesus, dude, you mean to me less than a dead hooker handcuffed to a toilet sink, do you really think I'm going to even remotely consider what you're telling me?
                    Crawl back into your hole and don't jump from your hole at people if you hear them using non open source stuff, you just make things worse.
                    Last edited by mark45; 12-19-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                      Jesus, dude, you mean to me less than a dead hooker handcuffed to a toilet sink, do you really think I'm going to even remotely consider what you're telling me?
                      Crawl back into your hole and don't jump from your hole at people if you hear them using non open source stuff, you just make things worse.
                      Excuse me, I never meant to make things worse for a proprietary crowd of lording windows haters.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                        The latest VLC hangs when I keep f pressed (fullscreen).

Arch Linux x86-64.
                        VLC 2.0.5.
                        nouveau driver.

I don't experience this problem with mplayer.

Both VLC and mplayer are using xv video output.
                        Originally posted by asdx
                        Nevermind, this is fixed now.
                        It's a 10 months old bug.
                        http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/6273
                        How did you solve it?

Comment

Working...
                        X