Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Adobe has released an update for their Acrobat Reader product on Linux and SPARC Solaris. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Solaris and Linux features a new user-interface, improved performance, single document interface mode, and an always-available search toolbar. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Linux also features better desktop integration through complying with XDG-UTILS as well as support for Debian (deb) package installation. Some of the other new features include supporting multimedia-enabled PDF documents, new tools, updated review tracker, Orca accessibility support, and new additions to the digital ID feature are among the noteworthy improvements.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11021

Hopefully this time around proper support for newer GTK is in place, and it won't eat 100% CPU on startup and will actually shut down on my box... Still I think I'll give it a try.

Comment

cannot get HTML rendering

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Adobe has released an update for their Acrobat Reader product on Linux and SPARC Solaris. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Solaris and Linux features a new user-interface, improved performance, single document interface mode, and an always-available search toolbar. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Linux also features better desktop integration through complying with XDG-UTILS as well as support for Debian (deb) package installation. Some of the other new features include supporting multimedia-enabled PDF documents, new tools, updated review tracker, Orca accessibility support, and new additions to the digital ID feature are among the noteworthy improvements.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11021
      Hi,
      I have followed your instructions on getting the HTML rendering working but nothing seems to fix it. The file in question already resides in the default directory /usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.8.1.4 but adobe does not seem to recognise this. I have even copied to a different directory and adobe accepted that it is there but still refuses to use it on start up. Is there something i have missed?
      Thanks
      Andy

Comment

I am not too sure about your problem, but it could either be a corrupted file, or it could be a problem related to x86_64 architecture. Take this with a grain of salt, but just wanted to help.

Comment

Well, just installed it and runs flawlessly, fast, no excessive CPU usage, no problems when closing the program either. And for a 32-bit program, it works pretty much flawlessly on my 64-bit Fedora 7 installation.

Comment

Hi,

Version 8.1.1 is already available on www.debian-multimedia.org repositories.

Comment

Working...
            X