Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Amarok 2.7 Coming Very Soon With New Features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by talvik View Post
    Not just music stuttering but the UI becomes quite unresponsive as well. I've experienced this behavior for years in several different machines.

    edit: The pertinent kernel bug https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12309 since 2008 >600 posts.
    Same happens in Windows and BSD as well.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Then don't use GStreamer. ;-)
      Amarok, just as almost any other KDE media player, simply talks to Phonon. Simply switch the Phonon back-end (in my case VLC).
      TRANSLATION: "It is here! We made a true savage beast with a horrible UI, of course we did the coding in such a untalented way that it eats all your ressources and is destined to crash. But we added a nice "feature" for you guys suffering from pathological KDe configurism. Go change the backend at will! Due to our complete lack of competence we decided to not to embrace any audio/video framewok so now it is up to you to flip flop between a variety of buggy half assed solutions. And yeah the million bugs you will encounter dont matter shit to us. Add em to our bugzilla so we can laugh at you. And yes the >350mb RSS is all for the lulz."

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        But we added a nice "feature" for you guys suffering from pathological KDe configurism. Go change the backend at will! Due to our complete lack of competence we decided to not to embrace any audio/video framewok so now it is up to you to flip flop between a variety of buggy half assed solutions.
        Yeah, how dare the KDE developers try to maintain binary compatibility. They should just do what everyone else does and break it randomly and without warning.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
          Yeah, how dare the KDE developers try to maintain binary compatibility. They should just do what everyone else does and break it randomly and without warning.
          You are maliciously misrepresenting FunkSTAR's position! That's not cool!

          What he is saying is that they should do exactly what the GNOME people and RedHat are doing, whatever that happens to be at any given point. It is right by definition and cannot possibly be wrong, since everyone who disagree is obviously stupid

          FWIW, I like Amarok, I didn't mind v2, but I've recently switched to Clementine, which is also great.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
            Yeah, how dare the KDE developers try to maintain binary compatibility. They should just do what everyone else does and break it randomly and without warning.
            Actually, one of the reasons why distributions don't have VLC set as the default backend is patent issues. Another is that GStreamer is modular and that it supports more than VLC does, if you enable its full capabilities.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Another is that GStreamer is modular
              vlc is modular, too! The difference is, that vlc ships all modules within one package, gstreamer scatters them to many different packages (leaving it to the user to find out which ones are compatible...)

              I also dislike amarok since quite some time, but used it nevertheless - until to the point where several things broke for me (partly phonon-backend related, partly their own bugs). Since then I'm using be::mpc, which serves all my needs.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                What he is saying is that they should do exactly what the GNOME people and RedHat are doing, whatever that happens to be at any given point.
                LOL that is really funny. your only defence is to go all hyperbole and attack others Your need to bring unrelated companies and DEs is just pathetic. How about you just go fire up your bloated Amarok 4.0 devel running straight of a 4096 core mainframe. Sure it might need 16GB RSS but you will get any possible abstrated layers to keep binary compability to ANY SHIT EVER PULLED OUT OF ANYONES ASS. WOW thats so uberkool because you can waste 1000 hours in the basement and become a power audio framework configurism guru! Im sure it will pay all the billsand get you all the girls having the will and power to configure a compability layer for MIDI ala win3.11.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
                  vlc is modular, too! The difference is, that vlc ships all modules within one package, gstreamer scatters them to many different packages (leaving it to the user to find out which ones are compatible...)

                  I also dislike amarok since quite some time, but used it nevertheless - until to the point where several things broke for me (partly phonon-backend related, partly their own bugs). Since then I'm using be::mpc, which serves all my needs.
                  So you turned down a framework due to (solvable) packaging problems and after an unfortunate experince in Infinite-Bugland-of-crappy-Abstrations you ended yet another remake. No surprise, really.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                    LOL that is really funny. your only defence is to go all hyperbole and attack others Your need to bring unrelated companies and DEs is just pathetic. How about you just go fire up your bloated Amarok 4.0 devel running straight of a 4096 core mainframe. Sure it might need 16GB RSS but you will get any possible abstrated layers to keep binary compability to ANY SHIT EVER PULLED OUT OF ANYONES ASS. WOW thats so uberkool because you can waste 1000 hours in the basement and become a power audio framework configurism guru! Im sure it will pay all the billsand get you all the girls having the will and power to configure a compability layer for MIDI ala win3.11.
                    Actually, I use KDE because it works, works the way I like it, and works better than the competition.

                    You're just frustrated because the software YOU use does not let you do the things you want. Instead of switching, you want everybody to be stuck to a feature-less monopoly just so you don't feel inferior.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      Actually, I use KDE because it works, works the way I like it, and works better than the competition.

                      You're just frustrated because the software YOU use does not let you do the things you want. Instead of switching, you want everybody to be stuck to a feature-less monopoly just so you don't feel inferior.
                      LOL you are funny. As someone already stated during the first post; Amarok is such a piece of shit. Draing the CPU while eating RAM and exposing kernel I/O bugs.

                      AMAROK IS NOONES COMPETItItION BUT EVERYONES LAUGH. I really hope the decreasing number of contributors have the moral to continue to the walk down boulevard of FAIL. Each new release brings more funny shit. And my audio player? It works fine, no need for abstration layers or oversized computers.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X