Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trojita Is Pulled In As A KDE Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trojita Is Pulled In As A KDE Project

    Phoronix: Trojita Is Pulled In As A KDE Project

    The Trojita program is becoming part of the KDE project. Trojita is a Qt-based lightweight email application...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI0NjA

  • #2
    Cue FunkStar in 5...4...3...2...1...

    He must have a really hard time with this one. He hates KDE, so he would hate any project joining KDE, so he could troll about that. But then again it is already a Qt project, which he also hates.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wonderful news, great thanks to those developing it!
      Now those low on memory have analogue of Claws Mail / Sypheed Claws, but for Qt. Really really good!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah

        Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        Wonderful news, great thanks to those developing it!
        Now those low on memory have analogue of Claws Mail / Sypheed Claws, but for Qt. Really really good!
        Yeah, yet another project developed under the KDE umbrella.
        Once the developer looses interest, it will fit nice into the huge amount of unmaintained KDE apps, rotting around, consuming rescources required to maintain KDE's core functionality.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
          Yeah, yet another project developed under the KDE umbrella.
          Once the developer looses interest, it will fit nice into the huge amount of unmaintained KDE apps, rotting around, consuming rescources required to maintain KDE's core functionality.
          If they are unmaintained, how are they consuming resources?

          And of course KDE is the only project with unmaintained apps. Do you know when the last fdupes commit was?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
            Yeah, yet another project developed under the KDE umbrella.
            Once the developer looses interest, it will fit nice into the huge amount of unmaintained KDE apps, rotting around, consuming rescources required to maintain KDE's core functionality.
            Right. I've been maintaining it for only six years so far, so it makes complete sense to assume that it's going to be abandoned just now. Great deduction.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jktjkt View Post
              Right. I've been maintaining it for only six years so far, so it makes complete sense to assume that it's going to be abandoned just now. Great deduction.
              Gmail, you know it's about mail.
              Hotmail, you know it's about mail.

              But Trojita? I doesn't sound like mail.

              Well, Trojita reminds me of Trojan horses which sometimes gets spread by mail.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Gmail, you know it's about mail.
                Hotmail, you know it's about mail.

                But Trojita? I doesn't sound like mail.
                Outlook, you know its about mail
                Thunderbird, you know its about mail
                Evolution, you know its about mail
                Exchange, you know its about mail
                Pine, you know its about mail

                Oh wait...

                Well, lets look at Wikipedia's Comparison of Email Clients. It lists 50 clients. 11 of them have mail is an integral part of their name (so including, say, KMail, or WIndows Mail, but excluding, say, Eureka Email, which could just be called Eureka).

                Comment


                • #9
                  if smtp and pop3 get supported will kmail then be replaced? kmail is one of those programs that mindlessly has K in front of it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    If they are unmaintained, how are they consuming resources?
                    Beside damaging the reputation of KDE, those unmaintained apps still cause headache for the bug hunting crews. Users will still complain anyway
                    Unmaintained does not mean they don't need maintenance - as build breakage has to be fixed anyway - mostly by people not familiar with the codebase, lowering its quality even further.

                    Look at all those apps beeing hosted and distributed by KDE, which do not even remotly do have something to do with a desktop environment (well, except they have a graphical user interface).

                    And of course KDE is the only project with unmaintained apps.
                    Not at all of course.
                    I just don't get the need to move every project that is based on QT and has a few KDE hooks under the KDE umbrella.

                    If beeing under the KDE umbrella doesn't mean anything (as you proposed with your first statement), whats the deal beeing under it?
                    If it does mean something, projects probably it should be moved under it more carefully.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X