Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Beta 2 Brings Further Polishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE 4.10 Beta 2 Brings Further Polishing

    Phoronix: KDE 4.10 Beta 2 Brings Further Polishing

    KDE 4.10 Beta 2 was released this morning as the open-source developers aim for "a rock-stable, fast and beautiful release" to happen in January...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI0MjY

  • #2
    KDE for dummies

    KDE 4.10 Beta 2 was released this morning as the open-source developers aim for "a rock-stable, fast and beautiful release" to happen in January...
    Translation: "For the Nth consecutive release our ever declining contributor party brings you fewer new features with an increasing disinterest in fixing even longer standing bugs. On our road to complete failure we will not hesitate to talk about how we added EXTRA PERFORMANCE despite the fact we managed to create the most taxing software behemoth out there. And by the way QtQuick is soooo überkool that we involuntarily mention it 500 times in press releases despite the fact that it is just a piece of open core bu$ine$$ shit pulled out of Digias ass. Enjoy!"
    Last edited by funkSTAR; 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Translation: "For the Nth consecutive release our ever declining contributor party brings you fewer new features with an increasing disinterest in fixing even longer standing bugs. On our road to complete failure we will not hesitate to talk about how we added EXTRA PERFORMANCE despite the fact we managed to create the most taxing software behemoth out there. And by the way QtQuick is soooo überkool that we involuntarily mention it 500 times in press releases despite the fact that it is just a piece of open core bu$ine$$ shit pulled out of Digias ass. Enjoy!"
      You are really the funniest troll on here.

      First he complains that KDE has too many features, now he complains that they are not adding new features.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmm

        Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        First he complains that KDE has too many features, now he complains that they are not adding new features.
        In my opinion KDE is still the most powerful desktop environment.
        However, the amoung of long-standing bugs even in their core-components like the task-panel drove me to XFCE.

        Another issue is the amount of software developed under the KDE umbrella, KPack being a noteable example which is basically unmaintained for years (and buggy as hell).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          First he complains that KDE has too many features, now he complains that they are not adding new features.
          No. I said it had a pathological level of configurism. That is not features, quite the opposite. When there is suffering there is Stockholm syndrome. and for KDEs part it is stupid configurations which only cover bugs. "Oh noes I cant keep my insanely stupid switch for changing between compositing vs non-compositing! Death to all!" Covering up real bugs by adding more shit seems like KDEs mission.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
            In my opinion KDE is still the most powerful desktop environment.
            However, the amoung of long-standing bugs even in their core-components like the task-panel drove me to XFCE.

            Another issue is the amount of software developed under the KDE umbrella, KPack being a noteable example which is basically unmaintained for years (and buggy as hell).
            How do that differ from "Apper", apper use packagekit so it support different package managers and is maintained. Besides I don't think either is part of kde plasma desktop. It's exist a huge amount of old not maintained software that use the gnome libs in some way.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
              No. I said it had a pathological level of configurism. That is not features, quite the opposite. When there is suffering there is Stockholm syndrome. and for KDEs part it is stupid configurations which only cover bugs. "Oh noes I cant keep my insanely stupid switch for changing between compositing vs non-compositing! Death to all!" Covering up real bugs by adding more shit seems like KDEs mission.
              So which features are you missing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                No. I said it had a pathological level of configurism. That is not features, quite the opposite. When there is suffering there is Stockholm syndrome. and for KDEs part it is stupid configurations which only cover bugs. "Oh noes I cant keep my insanely stupid switch for changing between compositing vs non-compositing! Death to all!" Covering up real bugs by adding more shit seems like KDEs mission.
                That switch is nice as they don't need to clutter the code with ugly things like unredirect of fullscreen windows implementations any more..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Akka View Post
                  That switch is nice as they don't need to clutter the code with ugly things like unredirect of fullscreen windows implementations any more..
                  you must be kidding....

                  allowing fullscreen windows unredirection is actually the correct way to go and not ugly. using a switch for deactivating compositing to fix this issue is actualy UGLY!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by a user View Post
                    allowing fullscreen windows unredirection is actually the correct way to go and not ugly. using a switch for deactivating compositing to fix this issue is actualy UGLY!
                    I am one of those users still not running a composition manager, as it slows down window resizing even on quite powerful hardware (granted, I have a really high-res monitor setup), which bothers me.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X