No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 17.0 Brings More Social Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also supports h264 HTML5 Video tag now, if compiled with gstreamer and the correct codecs installed (been testing this on Mageia 2)

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
      I have no need for or interest in Facebook. I don't want to see any Facebook icons or comment streams or messengers. I employ a melange of techniques to block Facebook shit from taking residence in my computer. But this is appearing to become more and more difficult with every passing day.
      I dislike Facebook too.
      Social API is not tied to Facebook. Any service (including Facebook can use it).
      Firefox 17 does not come with any Facebook icons, or Facebook ties. It just comes with Social API that can be used by social networking websites.

To site in question request permission to use Social API, and then the user allows or disallows integration.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        To site in question request permission to use Social API, and then the user allows or disallows integration.
        So, yet more crap people will be bugging me to help them remove after they accidentally install it.

Is anyone still building web browsers that just, you know, do web browsing with minimal overhead?

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
          So, yet more crap people will be bugging me to help them remove after they accidentally install it.

Is anyone still building web browsers that just, you know, do web browsing with minimal overhead?
          Fortunately, yes: you can always use Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Working...
          X