Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time To Test Out GNOME 3.6

Phoronix: It's Time To Test Out GNOME 3.6

Fedora is running a GNOME test-day today to help sort out any remaining GNOME 3.6 desktop issues and they have kindly requested your help...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

*stomps with feed* I want a friggin .deb based distribution with Gnome...not some stinky rpm trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
      *stomps with feed* I want a friggin .deb based distribution with Gnome...not some stinky rpm trash.
      Well, there is the official Ubuntu Gnome spin:

It's a pretty raw Gnome experience, so it doesn't feel like an Ubuntu "experience" at install. For example, there is no Software Center, Firefox, or Ubuntu One installed by default. Instead you get Epiphany, Packagekit Gnome, etc. installed by default. If you want the standard Ubuntu application set, they're in the repos of course.

Comment

Cannot, we have a night out today...

Comment

It's time for a new reader survey

How much do you hate Gnome 3x:

1. A whole bunch

2. More than you will ever know

3. So mad, I put out my own eyes with a pencil

4. click

5. click

6. click

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            7. Gnome 3.x should be among the most deadly diseases along with CVD and cancer.
            may i ask why? i very like the concept of he gnome shell. though i admit gnoe 3.6 (in my case) has major performance issues, lags and performance regressions in a lot of situations... but i still enjoy the de conept it has.

i always hated the start/pplication menu like windows has it, gnome2 or kde or more or less every other de had it till now.
            the gnome shell conept is in my opinon the most user friendly and efficient way. but it is a very unfinished conept. there are still a lot of design flaws.

Comment

The other day I got bored so I installed UbuntuGNOME on that silly Samsung 700t tablet of mine. I dare say that GNOME Shell is a pretty decent touchscreen UI. Unlike Unity, GS has almost no reliance on right-click, which a rather important thing in the land of tablets. Everything just seemed to work, uh, right. I dunno whether this was an intentional design choice, but, there it is.

Alas, it won't run on the Ubuntu build for the Nexus 7. Mutter won't work with the device's GPU, so the fallback desktop loads instead. Sad.

Comment

I want a friggin .deb based distribution with Gnome
                Last edited by jumperdono; 09 November 2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperdono View Post
                  I want a friggin .deb based distribution with Gnome
                  Why did you just in this topic then?

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                    Yeah it's better. Not being able to switch between applications in one click in a taskbar. Real fucking progress. Now you have to go to a corner and then recognize your application from the list and click again. Fuck gnome shell.
                    Or you could just hit alt-tab...

Comment

Working...
                    X