Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDevelop 4.4: Not Much Is New With The IDE

Phoronix: KDevelop 4.4: Not Much Is New With The IDE

KDevelop 4.4.0 was released today as the latest version of the KDE-focused integrated development environment (IDE), but it's hardly worth getting excited over...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They should instead contribute to Qt Creator.

Comment

Honestly, I think it's really absurd that you tell me what to invest time in.

Furthermore, KDevelop as a project and my involvement in it largely precedes QtCreator. Awkward...

Comment

Originally posted by bachinchi View Post
        They should instead contribute to Qt Creator.
        Nah, I like KDevelop much more than Qt Creator.

@ apol: Ignore the haters, KDevelop is an amazing IDE :> Keep up the good work!
        Last edited by NeoBrain; 23 October 2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Does it have cuda support (syntax highlighting) in the newer versions?
          I'm running the one that is packaged for OpenSUSE 12.1 (I think 4.2) and the lack of it is somewhat annoying...

Comment

Ease of use is so under appreciated

I think the welcome page makes KDevelop 4.4 a great release. Bravo to the developers!

What I hope is that the KDevelop team is planning at some point to make it into a visual development studio. There is a very big deficit of visual programming capability in the Linux world.

GUIs are our friends. They should be first rate citizens within the IDE itself.

Comment

Originally posted by apol View Post
              Honestly, I think it's really absurd that you tell me what to invest time in.

Furthermore, KDevelop as a project and my involvement in it largely precedes QtCreator. Awkward...
              These trolls seem to be everywhere these days, most of them users but almost never contributers of FOSS projects themselves.
              Somehow they always end up seeing themselves above a stream of development power which,
              as they don't contribute to it themselves, they feel the responsibility to guide in the most wise way (ie. "THIS AINT WANT LINUX NEEDS TO SUCCEED!!1").

Comment

It's not the welcome page that excites me, but the bug fixes (specifically for a crash I was experiencing). Many thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Proper python autocompletion + pyqt seems to be on the todo list of qtcreator forever and kdevelop seems to be not as fast with it either, but at least it seems to be active: http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdev-python.git&a=summary
                  As a beginner it would be so much easier to get into when you wouldn't need to look at the documentation all the time how every signal is named, etc... All the "python ides" are very strange to me, even eric5 doesn't seem to autocomplete signals... Sadly pydev in eclipse seems to be still the python ide that gives the best out of the box experience. :/

Comment

KDevelop is my IDE of choice on Linux for C++ programming when I want the IDE experience (for editing a self contained piece of code I prefer vim). Excellent work. Now if I could integrate valgrind and gdb with an interface as powerful as ddd and as usable as KDevelop - one can dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X